troublesome kiss

it was early morning when the two came back, katara had woken up from the sounds of doors opening. she headed downstairs and stared at ty lee and azula, both of which were almost asleep.

  "and what time do you call this!?" katara whisper-shouted, weary of the others that were still sleeping.

  azula groaned and pushed katara aside, she started up the stairs.

  "you're not my mother, so don't talk to me like that, miss liquids."

  ty lee put a hand on katara's shoulder to stop her from shouting, she smiled tiredly and rubbed her eyes.

  "don't bother, it'll only make the others wake up. i'm sorry we went beyond the time of our curfew katara, you should get back to bed." ty lee whispered softly.

  katara nodded reluctantly and walked up the stairs with the acrobat. she and ty lee hugged and started heading to their own bedrooms.

  ty lee yawned and changed her clothes, she ruffled her hair lazily and laid down. the gymnast stared at the ceiling, thinking. azula might not remember the kiss...and she might hate me for it, even though she was the one that kissed me! i should talk it out with her tomorrow. and with that, the girl fell asleep.

&&&

  azula woke up with a jolt, was that a dream? she thought she had a dream where ty lee and her kissed underneath the moonlight, above the busy people of eastside. it had to be a dream, surely!

  she got up quickly and changed, she opened her door quietly and headed into ty lee's room. azula found the other girl, laying on her bed, sleeping peacefully. the firebender rolled her eyes and kicked the side of the bed.

  "get up, freak," azula grunted.

  ty lee woke up slowly and rubbed her eyes, she looked up at azula and frowned.

   "whaaat? i wanna sleep, 'zula!"

  azula scowled.

  "don't call me that, now, tell me something. did we actually kiss?"

  ty lee smiled and nodded.

  azula clenched her teeth, ty lee had tricked her! she was certain of it.

  "you tricked me into talking to you! you're always so cute and charming! you made me fall for your goddamn trap!" azula shouted furiously.

  ty lee tilted her head, she looked at azula quizzically.

  "trap? trick you? what d'you mean?" ty lee asked, she understood that azula was mad, that was what the acrobat expected but she didn't quite understand what azula meant by 'tricking' her.

  "you... you tricked me into talking to you, you tricked me into being your friend!"

  azula was close to cremating the damn girl, she was certain that ty lee had only made azula talk because zuko made her try to fix this stupid friendship.

  ty lee shook her head and opened her mouth, she wanted to say something but chose not to. she just sat there, thinking of what to say. azula groaned and marched over to the door, she had enough of this.

  the firebender opened the door, walked out and slammed it, making the whole upstairs shake. she walked downstairs and sat grumpily on the floor, azula grabbed a piece of bread and chewed furiously. she really tricked me... i'm sure she did!

  she tricked me into getting all buddy-buddy with her, i actually thought she wanted to be friends again. i bet zuko forced her into making up with me, she thought, i just know he's behind this... well, i hope ty lee didn't trick me, the kiss... stop thinking about it!

  she took another bite of the bread and chewed, what was she thinking? she did not like the kiss, she definitely did not, at least, that's what she told herself.