The classes ended early. When the bell rang indicating that we're now allowed to leave the school and go home. I instantly went to the parking lot, started the car and drove to Monet's Cafe. I knew the person that I was going to meet was already there because I received a text from them three minutes ago.

I was anxious. I already knew what I was going to do and say, I practiced it last night. But no practice could prepare me for the real thing, when you were in that moment and facing that person.

"Hi," I sat on the empty seat. "Sorry Im late."

"Its fine," I always admired Chloe's voice. It matches her face, both pretty and gentle. "You're just three minutes late."

"Do you want something?" I asked, handing her the menu.

"No, I actually just ate with my friends." She smiled at me, making me smile back.

Now's the time Zach. Grow some balls. Its either now or never. I could sense the courage to speak race through my body.

"Is it okay if we break up?" I bit the inside of my right cheek, feeling the anxiety filling up my chest.

I was expecting Chloe to throw a fit, make a scene and scream at me in front of everyone but she didnt.

"You're so precious." Chloe put her hand on my hair, messing it like I was her child.

"You're not mad?" I was confused. What's going on?

"Why would I be mad?" Chloe shook her head, her blonde hair flowing perfectly on her shoulder. Chloe teased. "You gave me good sex and free food for months."

"Can I ask you something though?" Chloe continued. "Are you seeing someone else?"

"No," I got defensive. "I would never cheat on you."

"Good," Chloe giggled. "You're a good guy Zach."

Was I really?

"Arent you sad?" I asked her. "Heartbroken?"

"Ofcourse but I'll move on, probably cry when I get home but thats it. I might look fragile but Im stronger than I look Zach." She was right, she was stronger than me. Chloe grabbed her bag and took something inside her wallet. She handed me a polaroid picture, it was us in her head. We were both laughing, the photo caught the reason why I fell inlove with Chloe.

"Im sorry, Chloe."

But looking at Chloe now. I no longer feel the love that I used to feel for her. I still care for her but that was it. The butterflies that was once inside my stomach rumbling for her were now dead, turned to ashes.

One more person. The most important person that I need to apologize to. Alex Standall. I went straight to his house, I wasnt even sure if he was there. I would just leave him a note if he wasnt.

I knocked on the door and to my surprise it was Alex's brother, Peter, who opened the door. He was the school's quarterback before he graduated.

"Dempsey." He doesnt look surprise to see me, he knew Alex and I were friends.

"Is your brother home?" I asked. Praying to God he would say yes.

"Yeah," Peter allowed me to enter their house and closed the door behind us. "He's in his room."

"Thanks man." I was about to go upstairs when I heard Peter call my name.

"Also Zach. I would knock if I were you," Peter cackled. "I once caught him jacking off. The things I would do to unsee it."

The thought of Alex jacking off crossed my mind. Do I want to see it? Okay stop. Stop. I came here to apologize and not fantasize.

I knocked on Alex's door.

"Come in."

I opened the door and peeked inside his room. He was facing the other side of the room, he was on the bed, busy on his phone. He was probably texting Charlie.

I entered his room. He wasnt acknowledging my presence because he havent seen me yet. He probably thought it was Peter who came into his room.

I coughed. He turned around and saw me and he looked like he saw a ghost. His face went pale. He was topless, wearing a boxers short on his bottom. It was never new to me though, Ive seen Alex wear a speedo.

"Zach," He sat up, grabbed a pillow to cover his lap. "What are you doing here?"

"I just," I took a deep breath. "I just came here to apologize."

"Why did you do it Zach?" He was no longer mad like the other day or maybe I just caught him off guard.

"I dont know," I shook my head in frustration. "Im feeling things that I shouldnt be feeling, Alex. Im so confused."

"Confused about what?"

"I dont know." I sound so fucking stupid.

"Bullshit, Zach." Hearing Alex curse was like hearing a small puppy bark.

"Its because of you." I havent been honest with myself these past few days and hearing myself utter those words was unbelievable.

Alex stood up and grabbed a white wrinkled shirt on the floor. "Did I do something wrong? I know I kept my relationship with Charlie a secret bu-"

"Do you still have feelings for me?" I was desperate for answers, answers that couldnt even answer my questions. Questions that could never explain my emotions.

"Zach." Alex was speechless and so was I. I couldnt believe the words that were coming out of my mouth.

"Nevermind." Alex's silence felt like I jumped off a building and then hit the ground but I didnt die. I was on the ground, asphalt and blood on my face. Broken bones but my heart was still beating.

"Zach I-" but I interrupted him. I didnt want to hear him anymore.

"Im sorry Alex," I hated how I let myself became weak and vulnerable in front of Alex. "For hurting Charlie. For hurting you. Im sorry."

He called for me but I left his room and closed the door behind me. Peter saw me and I just told him I had to go, I didnt even face him. I was afraid because I was on the verge of crying.

When I got into the car, that was when I started sobbing. I punched the steering wheel of my car until my knuckles bled. I was so confused. Like a man lost on a labrynth and all he could see were different colored walls of disappointment. But tonight, I learned something new from myself. Maybe I do have feelings for Alex Standall.

-

Can I just say a huge thank you to all of you for supporting this story? 1k reads is too much. Thank you so much.

Also I know I took a little longer to write this chapter but I kind of had a busy day. I'll start writing the chapter 2 of everglow (the clustin story,check it out) after posting this.

- G