4.

The next day, I started out to look for Mateo. I'd told my father I was going to town to search for more materials so I could finish my quilt but I was looking for the wolf.

I didn't know where to begin. The woods were huge and it would take ages to find Mateo if I truly wished to find him but thankfully, the lords decided to be kind to me today and I quickly stumbled upon Mateo nearby.

He was at a river, scooping water up with one hand and then wiping his arm down, I winced when I saw the huge gash cutting his arm.

"Uhh...Mateo?"

Mateo looked up and over at me, his eyes widened a bit, "Sebastian?"

"...Hey" I said, walking over and kneeling beside him, "how's it going?"

Mateo shrugged, gesturing to his arm, "could be going better...yourself?"

"It's going alright" I said softly then bit my lip as Mateo went back to cleaning his wound.

"Will you be my friend?" I asked, Mateo looking over at me again,

"Friend-Sebastian I'm...I'm not a normal wolf"

"I know...my tutor told me" I said, Mateo looked distressed,

"I don't want to hurt you..."

"And you won't" I said quickly, "I'm a vampire, I'm strong, I can handle myself"

Mateo stared at me but sighed, "Fine...but the second you wind up hurt we're ending this friendship"

"Understood" I nodded and Mateo smiled, standing up and wrapping a piece of fabric around his wound,

"Wanna head back to my place?"

I hesitated, wondering what my father would say before nodding, "I would like that".

Mateo smiled wider and walked off with me following close behind.