1.

*Sebastian's POV*

I stared down at the knight that was speaking to my father. His voice droned on and on and I could feel my eyes start to droop shut however I knew that if I actually fell asleep, I would suffer the consequences.

"And you're certain this mutt will cause no harm?" My father, Valentine asked and the Knight didn't even look up from where he was bowed,

"Sir it seems to be feral but-"

"I don't care about any buts, find the mutt and put it down" My father snarled and the Knight nodded, "dismissed"

The Knight stood and looked at the ones behind him, whistling and they all left. I felt a lump in my throat and I looked to my father,

"Father, perhaps the wolf-"

"I will not hear of it Sebastian" Valentine said in a cold tone, "for all we know it could be the cur who took your brother away"

I bit my lip. Ever since my brother Dennis had run away with a werewolf and my...I suppose sibling Charlie had run off to be with their demon boyfriend, my father had grown ten times more strict with me.

It was annoying as fuck.

"I doubt that father" I said, "we'd have known if that wolf was feral, besides, he was a dark haired Walsh was he not? This wolf is lighter furred"

"That name is precisely why I haven't sent guards to capture your brother back, that pack is known for their strength, why waste the resources?" I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

My father got up from his seat and started to walk off, I followed after him quickly. Holding my hands behind my back and keeping my mouth wisely shut and I followed my father through the halls of our castle.

"...Father?"

"What do you want Sebastian?"

"May I go on a walk? I promise I'll be back in time for my studies"

My father stopped and glanced back at me, raising an eyebrow but then waving a hand,

"Fine, go off but be back-"

"Yes yes I know"

"Don't cut me off Sebastian"

"Sorry Father" I said and my father rolled his eyes,

"Dismissed".

I resisted my urge to smile and politely walked off, grabbing my red cloak from my room before heading outside. The good part about being dead smack in the middle of the woods was that no one ever ventured this deep and so our secret was safe.

I walked the trail I always did. Leaves and branches crunching under my boots as I took in the falls beauty, I did love the fall.

Hearing a branch crack that certainly wasn't from me, I turned out of curiosity only to balk and stare at what had made the noise.

It was a wolf, large and beautiful dark fur with white highlights, it was larger than a normal wolf so that meant it was a werewolf.

Panicking, I stared at its eyes and calmed only a little when I saw they were a normal yellow, not a feral red. The wolf stared at me curiously, slowly taking a few steps forwards until I backed away, the wolf stopping immediately.

"...seems we're at a stalemate" I breathed and the wolf seemed to consider my words before turning back into a man.

He was...rough looking. Around my height and muscular; he had dark brown hair with lighter, sun developed highlights in his hair, he had tattoos covering his arms, neck and chest but what really got me were his eyes.

A bright, brilliant green, I could have stared at them forever. They were like emeralds placed in his sockets and if I'd had breath, they'd have taken it away.

His hair was shaved on both sides though I could tell it was starting to get longer, the man stared at me before speaking in a deep, hoarse voice,

"Who are you?"

I straightened my posture a bit, "I'm Sebastian Black, Prince of vampires in Britain"

The man chuckled and bowed, it didn't seem mocking though I could definitely tell he didn't take me seriously.

"I'm Mateo Merrick, lone wolf"

"No pack?" I asked, raising a brow and the wolf shook his head,

"No, no pack...I...well, you don't need my life story" Mateo said with a wink and I felt my cheeks glow purple at that.

"Yes well...I'd best be off Merrick"

"I as well your highness" Mateo said with a bow and he turned back into a wolf. A fluid, smooth transformation that was so quick when I blinked, a wolf was standing where Mateo had been. It seemed to grin at me before bounding off happily.

I stared after the wolf for a while before shaking my head and continuing my walk, pushing all thoughts of Mateo out of my head.