9.

I couldn't handle it anymore.

I couldn't handle it. Walking around knowing that Mateo couldn't, eating knowing that they probably weren't feeding Mateo properly, sleeping knowing that Mateo probably wasn't allowed a wink of comfortable sleep.

So I did the only thing I knew.

I went looking for the Walsh pack.

I knew it wouldn't be easy. The Walsh's were a pack known for their strength, known for having Lupa's gift.

I had told my father I was going to another town to discuss what to do for marriage which seemed to please him and so off I went.

And I walked. I walked for what felt like forever but I didn't quite care. So long as Mateo would wind up safe I didn't care.

Eventually, in the dark of the night, two weeks of walking later, I saw something in the distance.

It was a wolves compound.

I almost wanted to sob in relief. I didn't even know if the wolves would help me but I needed to try and so I headed down, heading to an entrance and a guard stopped me.

"Who are you?" The wolf snarled, narrowing it-their eyes at me and I swallowed,

"Sebastian"

"Sebastian who?"

"Sebastian Merrick" I said like it was second nature, like I had been saying it forever. It felt natural. The wolves eyebrows shot up,

"A Merrick?"

"I'm not...a Wolf" I said, "I simply...love one of them"

Almost like a switch had been flipped, I started to sob, tears dripping down my face and the wolf seemed rather startled, watching me cry.

"Please-please I'm begging you, I'm begging you to help me, I need help, I can't do this alone-"

"Hey calm down" the wolf guard said, not unkindly. He took one look at my dirtied state and made a small face, "come on" he said, "I'll take you to our Alpha"

I nodded, choking back tears and the wolf wrapped their arms around me, leading me through the compound.

Few wolves stopped to look at me. Some looked at me with pity, sympathy, a few with rage though I couldn't blame them.

I was taken to the largest building and lead inside and up some stairs, the guard knocked on a door and a voice called from inside to come in.

The guard lead me inside and immediately bared their throat. I stared at the wolf in confusion until a deeper, gravelly voice spoke.

"What is the purpose of your visit Ewan"

The guard-apparently named Ewan-looked to the leader and so did I.

The leader was an older man. He had long dark hair down to his shoulders and greying stubble. His dark eyes were sharp and he seemed rather lean. A blond sat beside him, nuzzled into his side. The blond had scars on his neck and I tried my hardest to not stare.

"-he requests an audience" I heard Ewan say, finally snapping me out of my daze and the alpha nodded,

"Thank you Ewan, back to your post"

Ewan nodded, leaving quickly and the alpha looked up at me. Smiling warmly,

"Sit" he said, gesturing to a chair in front of the desk and I hesitated before doing so.

"So, what brings you here Merrick?" He asked and I bit my lip, Explaining everything was painful to me but I did do my best to include everything.

"I see" The leader said softly, "and you request our help?"

"Yes" I said, the leader hummed, looking at the blond with the scarred neck,

"What do you think my love?"

"I think we should consult with everyone, this is not a small request"

The leader nodded, looking at me again,

"Well...how about we have introductions first, hm? I'm Keanu, this is my mate Alex"

Alex waved sleepily, I waved back. Keanu looked at me,

"Now, I'll gather everyone and you can plead your case"

My eyes went wide, "but cant you override all their choices?"

"I could, but that would be rather rude wouldn't it? Being a leader and not giving my people a choice?"

I stayed quiet. Keanu chuckled,

"Well Merrick, you're free to wander, I'll have a room made for you and by evening tomorrow, we will have organized a meeting"

I nodded, keeping my mouth shut. I figured it was the best I could get.

"Feel free to explore as of now" Keanu said and nodded to me, "you may leave"

"Thank you.." I said and stood, leaving the room and heading down a hall before I heard a familiar voice. Frowning, I followed it until I was in what seemed to be a music room, my eyes growing wide when I saw who was at the Piano, his eyes growing wide when they met mine.

"Dennis?!".