Chapter 15 - Attraction

Start from the beginning

We were both breathing heavily, we had to take a break. Stepping away from each other, we kept staring at one another intently, was he going to come at me again? "We've been at it for a while now, I have yet to see the floor from up close, bambina" He taunted, taking a few sips of water, looking at me playfully from the corner of his eyes. Scoffing, I took a large gulp then put it down before stretching, I was getting fired up "Oh honey, you're going down." I said confidently before dashing his way, he dodged easily and twisted my arms behind my back.

"I told you to think, before acting." He whispered in my ear, I felt a shiver run down my spine but I chuckled, leaning my head backwards to see his face. "Again. I'm sure I can handle it." It pulled hard out of his grasp before pivoting and trying make his lose balance by pulling his foot with mine. He only laughed before grabbing my leg, bringing it close to his side. Shaking his head, he told me to pause and think, to which I responded by taking a practice knife out of my back and bringing it to his throat. Surprise is key, right?

Looking down at the knife in surprise, he didn't flinch and was quick to disarm me before letting go of my leg, pushing me away gently. "Nice try, but not enough, cara." Seeing his arm extended, I saw an opportunity; grabbing his hand I pulled him towards me, with a quick step I was behind him and wrapped an arm around his neck. The choke hold was not as tight as it could be considering the height difference, but I compensated with my other arm holding both of his, behind his back. "Is that enough, capo?" I breathed over his shoulder, arrogantly. The lack of reaction coming from him was kind of ominous.

Trying to look at me from over his shoulder, he smiled. "You're not giving me much of a choice," in the span of a few second, he had bent over and I let out a yelp as I landed on my back with Bruno on top. I tried to push him off of me as soon as my back hit the ground, but he had balanced his weight perfectly. I was stuck, but I didn't feel trapped, under his gaze I felt... odd, did I really want to move? Seeing him like this, I couldn't help but stare. He was glistening with sweat, his raven hair framing his face, I had hardly seen him so disheveled and yet composed at the same time.

I didn't speak, I was too busy drinking in the view. Leaning forward he brushes his nose close to mine before moving his mouth to my ear, "Why don't you take a picture, it'll last longer, amore." He breathed seductively, I blushed brightly in response. While my body was already on fire, I felt even warmer when I met his intense gaze. My heart was beating so fast I wouldn't be surprised if the man in front of me heard it. I looked askance at him before chuckling nervously, "I don't," clearing my throat, I tried to avoid his gaze. It's the perfect opportunity to flirt back, right? I should try, god it's going to be a disaster.

"I don't usually give into peer pressure," I started before gesturing to him on me, "but I'll give into you?" I finished hesitantly. Meeting his shocked expression, I was quick to move my arms from pushing him to covering my face. When he didn't reply right away, I peeked between my arms only to see him with his face red, his gaze still focused on me. "You're not making this any easier, cara." He groaned, getting off of me before helping me get back on my feet. Once I was standing his eyes widened a moment, before a cool expression covered it.

Following his eyes, I saw Abbacchio sitting in on of the chair by the entrance, a knowing smile on his lips. "Go on," he said, waving his hands as for to proceed, "It's painfully entertaining." He scoffed, quirking a brow at Bruno who's expression falter. "I didn't think you were coming, Leone." Said the raven-haired man, his tone seemed a bit off but I let it go. Tying his hair, Abbacchio stood up with a chuckle, "I never said I wasn't coming, I said I was fucking hangover. It's different." He explained, still looking at his capo with the same look as earlier.

Huffing, Bruno turned around and made his way to the stairs, not before saying "I'm going to shower, be careful you two." As his form got further away from us, I heard Abbacchio let out a bark laugh as he called out, "Goditi la tua doccia fredda, Bucciarati" I could see Bruno shaking his head as he climbed the stairs, not answering. Abbacchio then turned around and faced me with a calmer expression, but none of us spoke. There was a silence. He just kept staring at me, observing. Rubbing my arm nervously I asked, "By any chance, do you know how to turn on the air conditioning?"