Chapter 161: No Match Against Flames (EP. 02)

A/N: LMAO, get the Queen and I reference? 😅😂 if you do, then great!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
A prestigious kingdom stood proudly in the West as its flag, located on its castle's highest tower, flutters gracefully as the seaborne wind dragged it more into the left than it should with the right.

The flag's symbolical crest is a majestic silhouette of a golden horse risen in a full gallop, while the rest of the crest's background is pristine white and nothing more. It aimed to signify elegance and sophistication, to compliment the exquisite capital of the kingdom of Draven.

If you were a new citizen of a particular village then it would be a tad bit difficult to remember which house is yours.

The intramural of each home may be different, but the exterior of every two story structure is similar as the other. A mahogany painted roof, extensive ivory walls, a single oak door for an entrance, you'd be fooled to think it was a meticulous doll house.

Street lights glowed dim, and the cement streets will now finally lead us to the chambers of the man whose life is already being lived with the environment of an honored reputation and riches. The castle grounds were quiet but had no solitude since there are guards; clad in bronze armor—who are tasked to do their nocturnal patrol.

Their bulky shadows looked like moving paintings of black on the marble columns as they passed through wing after wing, hall after hall. Their metallic steps caused a little noise, but nothing too much of a ruckus.

One of the castle's two residents are already tucked in their bed in the South Wing of the castle, while the other just stood there in his own secluded balcony, gazing at the waning moon and the flowing periwinkle clouds, his perfect conditioned heart still yearning for something no sum can buy.

A bride.

There was this small little voice in the back of his head that told him to stop whatever plan he is formulating in his mind. A part of him also told him to stop being so desperate for something he couldn't have. But his hunger needed to be satisfied, and as he does the math he saw no flaw in his well crafted objective.

The fringes of his tuscany blonde hair swayed effectively thanks to the breeze, giving an angelic view of his striking yellow eyes, mirthless yet dashing. He is every bit of an Archangel, a prince who has the capability to make a woman weak in her knees.

Behind his fairly strapping shadow stood a lanky man in his late twenties, his body under the durable confines of a black uniform and his face hidden with a mask only giving space for his vision.

"... So the rumors are true, then? Father and I aren't the only ones who possess the power to ignite flames?"

"Yes, your Highness. Does that legitimate information come in beneficial to you?"