Chapter 21| The old Journal

Y/n's POV

I opened my laptop and start writing my speech about our presentation for next week. I need to do good or else my grade will pull down and I can't let that happen.

"Ah! Finally!" I exclaimed after typing the last word in my laptop. I smiled and stretch my body. I frowned when I started looking around my room.

"Damn, my room's a mess.." I whispered. I close my laptop and put it aside.

"Well, I think I need to clean" I said. I get up of my room and start cleaning. After an hour of cleaning, I finally got to rest.

"Wah, I'm so tired" I told myself as I lie down in the bed. I suddenly remember what Mr. Lee told me. I have to study the previous lessons so I can keep up with the class. I rolled my eyes and get up. I looked at my desk where my books are and sighed. I ruffled my hair and sat down in my chair.

"Now where's my science book?" I asked myself. I start looking in my desk but I couldn't find it. I look up in my book shelf and saw it. I use the chair to get up and reach out for my book. When I finally got it in my hands, I was suddenly out of balance causing me to fall in the floor, hard.

"Ahh!" I hissed in pain. My clumsiness caused some of my things in the desk to fall in the ground. I stood up and saw my desk in a mess. I ruffled my hair in frustration. Now I have to clean my desk again!

I picked up some of my things and notice something. It was my old journal that I didn't even get to finish. I put it at the side and continue cleaning my desk. After I finish, I start studying.

—————

I stretch my body after sitting down for a long time, studying all the subjects. I look at my left and saw my old journal again. I get it and decided to read some of it. I flipped the first page and smiled as I read what was in it. It was my 14th birthday, the day I got this journal. My parents were still alive at that time. I smiled as I read the part where my family sang me Happy Birthday. Reading this journal bring back memories, good ones. I continue reading until I reached a very weird page.

" Y/n, on your 19th birthday, wish for your lost memories to come back. Please remember him—"

Lost memories? 19th birthday? Him? I stared at the page confuse about what's written on it. Is this related to my head aches these past days? I stared at the handwriting and examine it carefully. It's my handwriting...  I sat in my chair dumbfounded. This is weird, I don't remember writing this....

I close my journal and start inhaling and exhaling to calm myself. I don't know why but I suddenly have the urge to go through the rest of the journal. Maybe there's more...

I opened my journal again and start flipping through the blank page. My breath hitched as I got to the last page.

"Remember him.... Remember Beomgyu"

Beomgyu?! I widened my eyes when I read his name again. I slowly move it closer to my face and observe it properly. It's still my handwriting. Why is his name here? I started getting goosebumps. I never remember writing his name here. And even if I did, how? This journal is been sitting in my desk for the last 3 years. I only knew Beomgyu for like a week so why is his name here?

This is not a coincidence. I'm not dumb, I know something is off and it might be related or something to do with Beomgyu. Everything feels weird these days. First, I remember sleeping peacefully in my room then waking up in my kitchen floor and more than a month already passed by. Second, unknown events, people and things randomly appearing in my head then getting a headache after. Wait, maybe they are lost memories that journal was talking about, but how and where did I get those? And why was it erased in my head?

I ruffled my head in frustration. I hate it when I have lots of question and no one can tell me the answers. I hate the fact that I have to lie to my teachers about my disappearance. I'm lucky that my teachers trust me and they didn't asked for any evidence or proof when I told them that I was in Japan the whole time taking care of my grandparents and my brother.

I closed the journal and put it back to my desk. I sat down and stare at a blank space in my room. A lot of things is going on inside my head right now. Things that I don't know the answers of. Things that can't be explained. Things that frustrates me.

I sighed and went to my kitchen to get some food to eat. I shouldn't be stress, I have an upcoming presentation and I should only focus about it or else I'll mess up. After the presentation, I need to confront Beomgyu but I don't know how. I can't just accused him of something. Maybe it's not even him, maybe it's another Beomgyu. But, I don't know anyone named Beomgyu except him. And Beomgyu is a pretty rare name.

After eating my food, I went to my bathroom and did my night routine. After that, I lie down in my bed, ready to fall asleep. I still experience a mild anxiety if I go to bed. It's like a trauma that's hunting me every night. I'm afraid that I might woke up again in my kitchen floor and a year already passed and I'm not being aware of it.

I closed my eyes but I didn't sleep yet. I keep on thinking about the two pages in my old journal. Maybe I do need to wish for my lost memories to come back on my 19th birthday. Maybe if I do that, all my questions will be answered.

Maybe...

-Author's Note-

Hiiii my lovely readerssssss!!! I know I was gone for a long time and I apologize. Like before, I didn't use wattpad these past days in general. I can't promise but I might update often these coming days because this book is coming to end. Not really end but like less than 10 chapters. I actually didn't update right away because to be honest, this book is not  yet finish in my mind. I planned this but i dont have a proper ending for this book. Don't worry I already have an ending now hahahhahaha. Anyways thank you for supporting this book. I'm sorry if I made you guys wait. Lots of love 💕

-AnpanGirl21💋