Chapter Nine: Gravity - Beautiful But Deadly

After the creation of TurboRacer, Braedey and the new Autobot have been working well as a duo team, as well as working with Buzz and his team, all of them ready for any new situation they come across, whether it be a patrol, transport mission, or even negotiating on some worlds. All in all, there's a lot to do around the universe, and many things can turn good or bad in a second.

It's all in a day's work for everyone onboard Star Command.

~*~*~

Today, Braedey, Monique, and TurboRacer were escorting a Medical transport ship through a hostile sector of space, trying to get them to a medical station that's desperate for these supplies for all that are sick and injured on that station. They were onboard the Omega Shuttle, leading ahead with cables from them attached to the medical ship to keep it in a straight line and at speed with them.

"Any luck with getting backup?" Monique asked, her using the Energon cannons to clear a path from any foreign debris.

"Not as such. I've worked on the long-range scanner, but I guess the mineral composition of the asteroids or so are scrambling the Comms." TurboRacer reported in. "Best guess, we're on our own."

"TurboRacer, we won't be able to get through to that medical station if we don't have any backup." Braedey stated firmly. "Get a hold of Buzz Lightyear NOW!"

"Yes, sir." TurboRacer saluted, trying the Comms again.

Monique then checked the weapons radar, and she could see multiple targets. "Looks like we've got company." She said.

Braedey sighed in exasperation. "I'm going outside. Setting the ship on Autopilot." He got out of his seat, and he headed off to exit the ship.

"He likes doing that, doesn't he?" Monique commented to TurboRacer, the Autobot giving a shrug.

With his spacesuit on and checked, Braedey sealed the domed helmet up, and he entered the airlock, the first set of doors closing behind him. A second later, the airlock doors opened up, and Braedey was thrown out of the ship. Once in space, he deployed his jetpack, and he flew off towards the hostile targets. As he got closer, he saw there was a squadron of Hornet drones, and they were closing in fast.

Braedey fired his laser at the Hornets, blasting them apart, stopping them before they could even get close. He kept his eye on the ball, as well as making sure none would get past him. But, as he did so, there was one rather large asteroid that went by just overhead. However, there was a strong gravitational force coming from it, nearly throwing Braedey off and sending him hurtling at the asteroid, while smashing apart the other Hornet drones. Thinking fast, Braedey fired a cable to the Omega Shuttle, and he reeled himself back over to it before he'd get hit by anything else.

Once back onboard, Braedey breathed a sigh, walking back up into the Bridge, and he took control. "Okay. Let's go." He sighed.

"What happened? Scanners were going nuts when some gravitational force ripped right through." Monique asked to Braedey.

"I... I really don't know." Braedey sighed, shaking his head. "If anything, that asteroid might've been part of an planet or something that exerts a strong gravity." He guessed.

"We should consider reporting this to Buzz and the others. They'd want to know about this." TurboRacer suggested.

"Good idea." Braedey nodded in agreement. "Now, let's get these medical supplies where they need to go."

With that, the Omega Shuttle launched off towards its destination, the medical ship right behind them.

~*~*~