Chapter Five: A Patrol Goes Awry

Over the next seven days, Braedey has been going through more rigorous training thanks to Buzz and the rest of the team, including Commander Nebula, and the Transformatrix bearer had been going through the ringer. Whenever he has some free time, he would take that time to read up on the Mission Manual, as well as help out the LGMs with the structure and components of the Omega Shuttle, telling them where each piece goes.

Overtime, Braedey would offer his services to do some modifications on the Star Command space station. At first, Nebula wasn't too certain about this, but when Braedey said about his idea of implementing an active cloaking shield over the station to conceal it, as well as upgrades to defences, the Commander gave him the all-clear. So, thanks to his Cybertronian Mecamorph form named Morpher, Braedey upgraded the defence and communications systems across Star Command, as well as improved bits and pieces here and there.

~*~*~

On what could be a Saturday morning, or assuming so, Braedey was down in the Science Bay, helping out the LGMs with the final bits and pieces, and other components that are around the Omega Shuttle, while also taking time to read the mission manual. There were a lot of rules and regulations that he hadn't heard of before, and it's rather surprising to him.

"Seems like your ship is ready for action." Braedey looked to see Buzz and Mira walking up, with Booster and XR alongside them.

"Almost. The engines still have a few components that are still in need of repair." Braedey clarified. "Even so, the Shuttle won't be ready to go until all is 100%." He wiped the sweat off his forehead.

Buzz then had an idea. "Braedey. Since you have been here on Star Command for about a week, maybe you should be given the chance to go on patrol with me and Mira." He offered to him.

Braedey looked over to Buzz in surprise. He didn't expect to be asked that at all. But, when he thought about it, he has been spending up to a week in the Star Command space station, doing some training and work on the Omega Shuttle, so it would be a good idea to go and stretch his legs.

"Sure. Where are we exactly patrolling?" Braedey asked to Buzz.

"It'll be in a traffic artery for cargo transport ships when they travel from Capital Planet to another sector." Buzz explained. "We'll be making sure nobody plans to try and hijack any of the transport crafts."

"Okay. Sounds like a good idea." Braedey nodded. "I'll be ready to go."

In a few minutes, Braedey met up with Buzz, Mira, Booster, and XR at the Starcruiser Launch Bay, all of them getting onboard Buzz's ship, Starcruiser 42

In a few minutes, Braedey met up with Buzz, Mira, Booster, and XR at the Starcruiser Launch Bay, all of them getting onboard Buzz's ship, Starcruiser 42. Once they get onboard, Booster goes to his navigation station, XR on the engineering, while Mira was up at the front of the Bridge, with Buzz in the Captain's seat. Braedey sat up on the left side of the Captain's seat, with Mira on Buzz's right.

"Okay, Braedey. I was about to ask you if you've done launches like these, but there's no need, considering your Omega Shuttle." Buzz began, turning to Braedey. "But, if something goes wrong, I need you to keep out of the crossfire. Is that understood?" He asked.