C H A P T E R - 3 - Part 8

"Dad I am terribly sorry for not saying anything about this to you. There is no doubt that you are my best friend. But somehow I don't want to blame anyone other than blaming me for not saying anything about our relationship to you" I said.

He was all ears in what I said and I began to narrate the whole sequences that happened so far and quietly nodding his head at appropriate times he heard them.

"Dad, I hope now you understood my love for Brindha and my situation with Mom" I said.

He took a deep breath and nodded his head to convey that he understood what I said. Brindha never uttered a word so far and probably she might have felt that it is between a father and son.

"I don't want to marry her just for children Dad. I believe there is much more than that" I said and saw Brindha. She was all beauty in giving her smile and support through her eyes.

"Nice Keshav. I am happy that you took the right decision and selected the right girl as your life partner. Accidents do happen my son. For few it ends well, for few it ends up bad. I respect your decision my Son" he said after much thinking and silence.

As a Son, I couldn't have asked for a better Dad than him. I didn't say anything about my relationship to him but he travelled all the way to my place, patiently waited for me and heard me saying everything that has happened and still supporting his Son's love and accepting Brindha as his daughter in law within a short span of time, blessed is me is all I can say about myself.

The moment he said he is happy with Brindha as my wife, my joy was unbounded and there were butterflies started flying in my stomach. Slowly they started flying up and up and as they reached towards my heart, my brain said "You can't rise too much as thu maari pass maa hai" and the raised butterflies rested in my stomach thereafter.

Brindha too was equally happy to know my Dad's decision and she again got his blessings.

"But Dad, how about Mom accepting her??" I asked.

"That is up to you Brindha" he pointed towards her and continued 

"Come home on a weekend and you have the tough task of speaking and convincing her"

"Any time uncle" she said. We talked for a while and had our first unofficial family dinner at my place. I felt that the meet between my Mom and Brindha would be the most interesting match ever played in the history of relationship. I hope and prayed that both of them win. 

Brindha winning mom and my mom winning both of us. And the very next weekend we decided to head my home. We reached my place and for the first time, the girl with whom my life is going to be spent for the rest of years makes her first step and entered home.

I have never been this much nervous in my life and that too for coming to my home, never. Dad was constantly in touch with me through Whatsapp about what is happening and how my mom's mood swing is. As we entered home, both were at the open terrace enjoying a breezy evening coffee. I asked Brindha to wait at the staircase and said that she can come after I give her the gesture to come.

"Mom" I said standing behind my mom.

She turned and saw me "Keshav" she exclaimed and surprised to see me. 

I went near her and touched her feet to get blessings.

"I am sorry mom" I again said

She just smiled a little and I know she has not forgotten yet. As I was talking to mom, I texted Brindha to make her entry.

"Mom" I said and went towards the staircase, caught hold of Brindha's hands and brought her up to the terrace. Mom's face turned pale and there was a bit of anger as well upon seeing Brindha.

"Mom, this is Brindha" I said.

Mom just nodded her head and the tension began as the clock starts ticking