C H A P T E R - 2 - Part 5

Mom's reply made my joy unbound and at the same time, I was equally nervous about revealing Brindha's health to her. With her reply, I felt like being top of the world and decided to convey this to Brindha but then decided to hold from doing that.

In my own way, I decided to celebrate this happy moment by going out for a long drive. I headed towards Neo Mall where I first saw her with her friends. Happily recollecting those memories from then on until now has been a blissful journey for both of us. By noon, my mom called and as I attended the call,

"I am on the way mom and will be there for lunch " I said.

"I am expecting you dear " she saidI drove back and in about half an hour time, I reached home. As I entered, mom was sitting at the hall with an unexciting face and a sense of gloominess prevailed around her.

"Hi mom. " I said as I hanged the bike key behind the door. There was no response from her and she maintained her silence.

"What happen??? Is everything fine??" I asked.

"Tell me about your Brindha."

"What now??" I asked.

"Let me know her more. Is she pretty??"

"So much"

"Good girl??"

"Precious girl and she is very hard to find"

"Nice. And her health??" mom asked.

"Mom??" I asked in a query mode and continued "Ya mom she is fine and healthy"

She slowly took the report from behind and tossed it on the T – table in front of us. I brought them here so as to put those memories behind by hiding from Brindha. But mom found them when she arranged the clothes in my shelf. With me and my mom facing each other and the reports in the centre, the moment was more silent and I stood dumbstuck.