C H A P T E R - 3 - Part 5

"Stop it Brindha" I said with a harsh tone and continued 

"I don't see you in that sense, I love you and want to marry you, got it. It's damn fucking love for you my little darling." I said. 

"And I am sorry for using that word" I completed.

"Fine fine dear and I love you too. Relax ok. You have apologized to your mom right? She will talk to you soon. Trust me" she convinced me as a mother does to her child. 

But she again made me realize the mistake I did to my mom. I wished and with a belief that my mom will speak to me soon, we completed our lunch and came down to work. At the end of the day, as she got down from my bike when I dropped her at PG, she went a few steps inside and turned back and returned to me.

"Shall I speak to aunty??" she asked

For a moment I felt like saying 'Yes' but declined her request.

"No not the right time Brindha. Just as you said, I will wait and she can't hold her silence against me for too long. Soon she will" I said with a hope.

"Hope so" she said again and began to walk towards her PG

"Brindha" I called. As she turned, I continued 

"Love you" She smiled and sent a flying kiss and walked in. I caught hold of that and reached my room in about 10 minutes.The next day office was quite hectic with everyone getting back to work after the Christmas holidays, there were lot of mails, lot queries from our clients regarding our projects and it actually cramped our schedule to the fullest. 

We even couldn't make our way to pantry for lunch and instead we had it on our desk.And that's when I learned that being more relaxed in IT industry is an indication of  'You will be screwed in the future'. The tight schedule ensured that I and Brindha had no conversation in the middle and for me, when I am going through my personal setback in my relationship and handling this much of work pressure at the same time was like adding salt to the injury. 

The pressure led to moments where I needlessly shouted my fellow colleagues and friends, to me they are the most wonderful people one could ever get in their life and provided the right people is met. And these guys are one such people who understood me, backed me during my initial days, taught me when I made mistakes and stood for me against my superiors. 

Friends, they are magical I believe and there are about a set of people who form a great part of my life. Every time I shout or yell at something or someone, all they do is quietly turn towards Brindha and watches her as she winks her eyes to calm me down. Among this entire storm, the love hasn't rested between us. There is nothing Brindha does than seeing me and that makes me fall from anywhere for her serene look, and the darling she is, Brindha.

Days ran thick and fast. There were works, meetings, project, client calling and my energy was drained both physically and mentally. We started working on SUNDAY's as well and someone like me who hates to work after the noon session on Saturday, the Sunday working was never in my dream and the most bizarre thing of my life. But, in an industry that is not sure of timings cannot assure of working days as well, IT it is.

Sooner than I expected, the month of May is about to end and during this course of running one thing hasn't changed so far, my mom's silence. She is yet to speak a word to me and nothing gets worse than this for a son.