12 : 𝖳𝗈𝗀𝖾𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋

Start from the beginning

Beomgyu leaned onto me as soon as I sat down. I bit my lip to keep myself from smiling.

"Did you like the Gatorade?" He asked, snaking a hand to hold mine.

"Uh-huh. Thank you for that, Gyu."

"You're welcome!"

"Listen," I shifted. "I got you something."

He straightened up and beamed. "Really?!"

"Close your eyes." I giggled.

He immediately did. He even brought his hands in front of him as if he was expecting for me to place the present right on his palms. I shook my head and placed the humidifier on my lap.

"You can open them now."

Beomgyu fluttered his eyes open and his gaze instantly fell on to the heart-shaped item. He gasped.

"That's your humidifier.."

"And you need it more than I do. It's all yours now."

"You didn't really have to.." He shyly rubbed his nape and blushed.

"Well.." I fumbled on my shirt. "I have no idea about the things that you like or what.. So I decided to give you something useful instead."

"Come here."

I scooted close only to be engulfed with his tight hug. Beomgyu planted a kiss on my head and threw us back to lay on the couch with me on top of him. I internally freaked out. I shakily brought my arms to wrap around him. He hummed and played with my hair, calming my nerves.

"Was I too sudden?" He asked.

"N-no, not really. I was just surprised."

"Sorry about that."

I rested my head on his chest. I could hear his fast heartbeat. For some reasons, I felt glad. It was like I could go all day just laying down with him and talk about nonsense topics. I didn't want it to end. And maybe, Beomgyu might be feeling the same too.

"How's your.. Health?" I questioned.

Beomgyu paused. I heard him gulp. His arms tightened around me.

"I've been forgetting things lately.."

"I could tell.." I muttered, pertaining about him not remembering things that one night.

"And my headaches come around more often too. But other than that, I was glad that I was able to fall asleep after we.. You know.. What you said."

"R-right.." I heaved my upper body up and looked down on him. "I asked my therapist about your condition."

He smiled and held my cheek. "You did?"

"I'm worried about you, Beomgyu.."

"You don't have to be. I'm fine, Y/N."

"But the consequences are just too serious. Who knows? One day your body might completely give up-"

"Don't say that." He eyed me sternly. "I'll never let that happen."

"I.." I looked away guilty. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."

"Trust me, Y/N. That's all I ask of you."

I laid back onto his chest and sighed. His fingers once again toyed the strands of my hair while his other hand patted my back in a calm, rhythmic manner. I deeply inhaled the scent of his shirt. He's all I ever need to feel light.

I'll keep him.

"Wanna go back to sleep?"

"No." I lightly hit his arm. "I don't want to."

"Have you eaten?"

"I drank the Gatorade."

"Yes, but have you eaten?"

"No.."

Beomgyu sighed. "Let's go make you some lunch, baby."