I was a wandering soul!? Well practically. But seriously!?

"...So, what happened?"

He faced my way.

"Since the soul does not fit in, in the cycle of this world. I replaced one of the random and most normal individual's souls with another one, but I did not know such events would escalate, it was inevitable."

Then why are you smiling!?

"...What happened to the soul that owned this body?"

"You do not need to worry about that, the soul successfully entered the cycle once again. Oh? It seems it is time."

"Time for what?"

"For you to wake up. Sadly, this will be the last time I will see you. I already used a lot of my power to take you here, the Soul Space."

"But I still have a lot more questions!!!"

Of course, I have a lot of questions! Like, why did I appear here? Why is my soul a rogue one? Why did it have to be Issei when there's a lot of people? What are the odds? There's still a lot of questions! And I feel like the answer would lead to more questions!

While I was having an internal conflict, Gracefeel is smiling at me like he has a teenage son who has a lot of troubles because someone wouldn't answer some questions that would be even more confusing to the one who will be answered. Yeah, I know, good analogy. He walked closer. And pats my head.

"Do not be troubled. Just have fun in your life, I know you will have a fulfilling journey."

He sounds so fatherly. But isn't this just sad? Eternally wandering and guiding the souls, this place might be beautiful, but it must be lonely.

"...Alright then, you should get an assistant here. It's very lonely."

He stopped in surprise. Then laughed.

That was the last thing I heard, before I woke up.

__________________

I opened my eyes. Staring at the familiar ceiling.

I sat up. Feeling a little groggy.

"Issei-san! Are you awake?" It's Asia.

She opened the door.

"It's already lat- Issei-san!?" Asia looks worried.

Huh? Why?

*tap*

I looked at my hand, there's water. What?

"Are you alright?" Asia walked closer.

Asia held my face and puts my head into her chest, hugging me. She smells good as usual; the scent is making me relaxed. Though I feel water coming out from my eyes.

"Did you have a bad nightmare?" Asia asked warmly.

"...No. I had a beautiful dream."

___________________

Kuoh Academy. Morning.

"Hey Issei." Motohama called.