Chapter 19

_____________________

Confusion.

"Huh? Where am I?"

That's what I'm currently feeling right now.

"What is this place?"

I also feel enchanted.

I'm standing on a clear water that reflected the beautiful surroundings. There are a ton of planets as far as I can see, billions or maybe more shining stars are sparkling and never-ending shooting stars illuminated the dark eternal horizon. This is a completely different plane than Ddraig's. What am I doing here?

".... Beautiful isn't it?"

Someone just spoke. I faced the mysterious cloaked person, judging from the voice, he's a man. He's carrying some pole that's taller than him and he's taller than me. What's unusual though, there is a ball of light attached to the pole, I can feel its warmth from my area. For some reason, I don't feel suspicion, nor do I feel scared. I just feel. Relaxed. It must be his voice, it's unusually full of affection and compassion.

"...Who are you?"

He glanced my way; I still can't see his face. For a moment, I got a look of a long black hair inside the cloak.

".... How many stars do you think there is?"

He dodged the question.

"...Infinity, I guess..."

"That's an interesting answer. Most people would just say millions, billions, trillions or something along the lines. But that doesn't mean people don't think stars are infinite either." He sounds like he's kind of happy.

Why is he asking me questions like that?

"Where am I?"

He just remained silent, still gazing at the beautiful view. He then glanced at me, smiling. I can see a little bit of his face; he looks like a handsome young man. I still can't see the whole face.

"I am the God of the Flame." He said smiling.

God of the Flame!?

"Y-you mean the one who governs Blazing hot fire!?"

He looks intrigued.

"Hahahaha, no. My brother has that power, I work differently. I am the God that governs over the cycle of life and death, Gracefeel." He chuckled and introduced.

Well that doesn't make sense. Why is he called the God of the Flame then? It would be better if he's the God of Reincarnation or something...Wait.

"Well, I'm also called the God of the Flux."

Oh.

"Wait a minute. Are you the one who transferred me in this body and universe?"

"Well. Yes and no. I light the path with a lamp, guiding the way to one's next life-"

That pole is a lamp!?

"-And when I was currently guiding a soul towards its next life, I saw a wandering lost soul floating. That soul did not belong in this world, but strangely. It was not harmful, in fact, it was rather warm, like my Flame." He glanced at the ball of light.