My Guardian Archangel-18

After Ellis, and Jessica had eventually left, I found myself laying on bed starring up at the ceiling.

I heard the door shut downstairs, and heard mom's grumbles about work. I jumped up from my bed, and jogged down the stairs with a frown.

Mom looked up at me with a tired smiled. Then, she noticed I wasn't smiling, and she frowned as well,"What's wrong?"

"I got suspended."I muttered.

Mom's eyes lit up with anger, and she took deep breaths,"How?"

Now, I realized I had to tell her the entire story. So began with my date.

"He did what!"She yelled.

She was so angry, I could see the flames dancing in her eyes,"Holland why didn't you tell me!"

"Because I didn't want you to worry! I'm fine mom!"I sighed.

"I'm pressing charges! I'm suing him for every last penny!"She yelled throwing her arms about.

I had to calm her down,"Don't worry the principal has already taken care of it."

Then I continued on with my story, about how Ellis punched his face in, and how you interfered. I made a mental note to not tell mom about you and I.

"Just wait until your father finds out!"

"Mom, no! Dad will shoot him!"I screamed as she picked up her cell phone.

As if on cue, Dad walked through the front door,"Who am I shooting? And why?"Dad asked casually throwing his coat on the rack.

I looked to Mom desperately, but she didn't care, and so she went through the whole story.

Dad clenched his fist tightly, and took deep breaths as well,"If I ever see that boy again, I will in fact shoot him."Dad said squeezing his eyes shut.

His jaw clenched tightly, and turned sharply stomping up the stairs.

§

That night at dinner everything was tense. I couldn't look up from my mound of mashed potatoes, and turkey. I picked up my fork slowly, grimacing as I forgot the hand with my cast was the bruised one.

Mom and Dad both had rage in their eyes, but I decided maybe changing the subject was good.

"When am I getting this stupid thing off?"I sighed looking at the cast that was now a little brown from it being dirty.

"Tomorrow, I guess since I have nothing planned tomorrow. The doctor's office already said they were free."Mom whispered stabbing angrily at her turkey.

I got up slowly, dumping my excess food in the trash, and making my way up to my bedroom. I wish I'd never told them.

I unplugged my phone from it's charger, and noticed three new texts. Two were from Ellis, and one was from you.

I opened Ellis's first, reading them, but deleting them considering they weren't important. I opened your message, and it read:

We need to talk after school, Holland. Please.

I groaned, and decided I wouldn't reply. Boy drama was so much worse then girl's I swear.

§

I shut out my light after I'd taken a shower, and dressed in pajamas. I got into bed, and snuggled up in my warm quilt. I was so mentally drained, that as soon as my head hit the pillow I was sure I'd pass out, if it wasn't for that random breeze. I sat up looking around, but my fan wasn't on, the window was closed and my door wasn't opened.