My Guardian Archangel

PROLOGUE (My Guardian Archangel)

Dear My Guardian Archangel,

Your eyes were so green; the greenest I’d ever seen. They were like large, glistening emeralds. You had two lip rings on your lower lip that you moved back and forth with your tongue. At the time, your hair was a deep brown, close to a light black, and it looked like skater hair.

Everywhere I went, you’d follow. Even when I went in Victoria’s Secret you went in, a few people behind me.

I became more aware of you. I didn’t believe it... .

I walked into the very back of the store pretending not to notice. You followed. The store was huge. It had a perfume section, which you were currently at in the front. It sold clothing on the left side of the store, and sold jewelry on the right. In the back there was bras, and panties. Shoes were on shelves on the walls.

“I think you have a secret admirer, Holland,” Jessica whispered after noticing you behind us .

I blushed and shook my head. “He’s scary...” I thought you were creepy, especially how you smiled when I caught you staring. You had deep dimples, and the prettiest teeth I’d ever seen

Jessica shrugged. “He’s hot.”

I knew you could hear us, just by the way your head twitched.

“He can hear you, Jess,” I whispered, refusing to tear my eyes away from you. Jessica snorted.

“He’s all the way over there,” she said, pointing to you.

“You’re right,” I whispered. I turned to her and gave a fake smile. “Let’s go.”

Jessica smiled. “Fine,” she said, taking my hand and walking me out.

As I passed you when leaving the store, I could smell your cologne; strong and intoxicating. Something about it gave me butterflies.

“I have to go to the bathroom,” Jessica said.

To be honest, I was terrified to be left alone, because I was afraid you’d approach me. I knew you could kidnap me if you wanted. You were so tall and muscular. It made me wonder how many other girls you had stalked. I was your only though, wasn’t I? Your only prey? But still I nodded.

Jessica walked into the bathroom, leaving me in the deserted hall . Everyone seemed to be either walking around, or in the bathrooms. Just my luck. I knew you were just around the corner, and the idea of calling the police crossed my mind many times. I began wondering what you wanted from me. I was a sixteen year old girl with red hair and freckles. Not many guys liked that. It surprised me that someone of your standard would be interested in me. I mean, I didn’t think I was too hideous, but I definitely wasn’t drop dead gorgeous.

I saw you round the corner and you smiled when you saw me. My heart began skipping beats when you approached. My stomach decided just then to be queasy and make me feel uneven. My hands got clammy and I felt all the blood drain from my body. I could see a small scar under the sleeve of your black hoodie , and I wondered how you’d gotten it. I wasn't curious enough to ask, though.

You didn’t come to me but instead went to the water fountain, which was very close to me. You got a drink, but your eyes never left mine. I couldn’t break eye contact. I was the rabbit caught in the trap set by you, the hunter. Your face was so familiar... if I only guessed your name I’d be right. I didn’t know how.

I whipped my head in the direction of the opening bathroom door, and Jessica stepped out with a big grin. I turned back to the fountain, but you were gone. You had to be close by.

“He was here,” I choked out, staring at the empty spot you had been standing at.

“He who?” Jessica inquired, raising an eyebrow.

“The guy,” I answered, angry she didn’t get it at once.

“Did he talk to you?” Jess asked with a smile.

“No... he just looked at me,” I said, shaking my head.

“How about we go get something to eat, kiddo?” Jess suggested kindly. She tossed her long blond hair over her shoulder. Her skin was now tanned from visiting the tanning salon so often. I was sure you would have been more interested in her than me... she was beautiful.

We walked to the closest food place. I hadn’t noticed you were already there, in the back. I held my chicken salad in one hand and poured myself a drink from the self serve drink dispenser with the other. I could see you out of the corner of my eye, but I prayed it wasn’t you. You weren’t looking at me though; you were looking down at something in your hands. I was curious as to what it was, but not enough to ask you.

__________________________________________________________________________

HEYY! Tell Me What you think!

Drop me a comment!

Fan!

Vote!

And some constructive criticism would be off the hook!