My Guardian Archangel- 40

I looked at her. I literally stared at her because the amount of rage I was feeling was far too dangerous to say anything.

"Are you just going to stand there until your face turns into a more blotchy version of your regular face or what?" Lily asked as she put her hands on her bony hips, "Tell me what you think!"

"You want to know what I think?" I asked in a deathly calm voice, my teeth grinding slightly. Lily nodded her head in anticipation. 

"I think that if we weren't in public right now, I would murder you. I would cut your body in half, feed your lower half to sharks, SO THAT YOUR UPPER HALF CAN WATCH. THAT'S WHAT I THINK. I THINK YOU'RE A TOTAL B-WORD. I HONESTLY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE AGAINST ME BUT YOU BETTER GET OVER RIGHT NOW OR I WILL END YOU!" I screamed. Lily's face was so shocked that I actually laughed.

"How could you say that to me," She whispered and tears began streaming down her face. She ran into the dressing room and slammed the door. People began looking at us and I began to blush. There was no way I was going to feel bad for her I went into my own room and changed into my regular clothes. Seriously, I wasn't going to feel bad. Not after what she's done. Oh look at me, not feeling bad..... aw heck. I felt bad.

Seriously though Seth, she was asking for it. MAYBE I was a little harsh with the whole death threat, but seriously. She's...rude. 

Lily was really racking sobs a few stalls down. I sighed and rolled my eyes. The guilt trip. I walked out and stood outside her door. "Lily I-"

"Go away Cruella!" She yelled. She began crying even louder. Oh brother.

"Lily I'm trying to apologize to you, you moldy bowl of soup." What a strong comeback. 'You moldy bowl of soup'. The fine names that I can come up with. I looked up at the ceiling for strength to continue and then I sigh. "Look I might have gone a little too far, and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to almost call you a b-word." 

Lily sniffled on the other side of the door. She didn't open it, but I could hear her sit down on the small wooden bench. I sat down on the ground and looked at the ceiling again. "It's just not easy. You and I have never exactly gotten along, and I'm really trying to be nice to you, but you calling me fat and what not isn't really helping."

I was silent for a moment as I let that sink it. 

"I just want to be like you," Lily whispered on the other side. This caught me by surprise. If she envied me then she had a funny way of showing it.

"You've always been popular and pretty. I just wanted Seth to like me. I see the way he looks at you. I want someone to look at me like that," She said. 

I pressed my head back against the wall and sighed. So she's jealous so that's why she's being a jerk?

"I thought that I was trying to befriend you. I thought I was doing what most teenage girls do, insulting each other playfully, and trying on ugly clothes," Lily said and slowly opened the door. 

Who on God's green Earth taught her to be this way?

"If that was you insulting me playfully then I'd hate to see what you'd be like when you weren't being playful," I muttered.

I looked down at Lily, the girl was a wreck. She had snot dripping down her nose onto her lips and her eyes were blotchy and red. I cringed a little but did my best to ignore the fact that she was eating mucus right now.

"I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, honest."

I squinted at her slightly; sounded fake honestly, but I came here to find a dress and I'm going to do it if it's the last thing I do.

"Can we just agree to bite our tongues and use our nice kind voices?" I asked crossing my arms after pushing some of my hair over my shoulder.

"I guess..."

"You guess?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Ok fine. I will do my best to be nice, " Lily grumbled and slouched over. 

"Hello ladies!" Said a short lady as she came walking up to us. Her smile was large and kind and I tried my best to return it.

"Can I help you girls find something?" 

"I'd like a dress," Lily concluded.

The ladies smile faltered and then she nodded, "What kind of dresses are you looking for?"

Lily sighed and stood up from her slouching, "Prom dresses. Nothing that shows too much skin. I'm going for classy."

"Classy, got it! And how about you my dear?" She asked kindly turning her attention to me.

"I'm going for something lacy and -"

"Slutty," Lily interjected.

I turned to her with my smile turning more into just me baring my teeth, "Sorry? What did you say, kind friend?"

Lily looked back to me and she blinked slowly at me for a minute before making a motion of zipping her lips shut and throwing away the key.

The lady looked at Lily in disgust for a moment and then sighed, "Unfortunately we don't have quite the selection as David's bridal, but we do have a few options." 

The lady began leading us to the few racks of dresses the store owned and Lily tapped my shoulder.

"What?" I whispered.

"Let's ditch and go to David's Bridal."

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose between my thumb and forefinger, "fine."

"Excuse ma'am, actually we've already looked through your crappy dresses and so we're going to leave and try some other places," Lily yelled at the lady.

The lady turned with her brows furrowed, "ok."

"Lily, please can you stop being so rude for a solid two seconds?" I hissed, "Like seriously, we agreed to not be vicious!"

Lily raised her eyebrows up, "I agreed to not be rude to you. I didn't say anything about being rude to granny over her," She said as she pointed her thumb over at the lady.

The lady gasped, "I'm only thirty-seven!"

"Sure maybe in 1912!" Lily spat.

"I literally can't do this," I said and I rushed past her. "You're a horrible human being and I can't spend another second in your company."

"Where are you going!?" Lily yelled after me.

"Home!"

"You're just going to leave me? You're the devil Holland!"

I turned around and Seth you would have not been proud of me because I showed up she was number one.

I rushed toward the exit of the mall and pulled out my phone from my pocket.

"Hello?" Ellis' voice said into my ear.

"Can you come over again. I need you to talk me out of committing a serious crime." I responded.

Good luck Seth, you're going to need it...

________________________________________________________________________________

I'm so sorry I haven't wrote on this story in so long. I've had this chapter drafted for a very long time. Sorry my writing style has probably changed since I wrote the first chapters. I'm not sure if or when I will update this story again. I really appreciate all of the feedback and comments and likes I've gotten on it anyway!  Thank you so much for the support and love though I'm not sure I deserve it for not posting! Love you all xoxo

-Angellover13