You get on my damn nerves

"You get on my damn nerves, damn nerves."

Crystal laughed nervously when I asked her what she thought she was doing when she set up that interview,

"I thought I was helping, you and August use to be so cool! Then y'all just stopped talking." She said with a frown.

"Yeah he stopped talking to me." I said flatly, "He didn't even shake my hand earlier today or acknowledge me for the most part." I leaned back into the leather couch and let out an exasperated sigh.

"He'll come around," she said reassuringly, "I don't know what's wrong with him. He's always been a little stupid." She said with a giggle.

"Well I can agree with you on that." I said a smile gracing my lips.

"You guys will be back to how you use to be in no time." She said smiling as she stood up, "But right now I've got to go get the girls from Daycare I'll be back." She grabbed her car keys and left.

I decided to take a shower and slip on my pj's , by the time I was dressed I could hear excited younger voices.

I walked out of my room and saw Kay, Amailya, and Chaylen.

"Aunty Jazmean!!" Kay said as she saw me.

I smiled and picked her up and smothered her in kisses, "hey girlie." I said.

"I missed you so much, I've got to show you all my toys." She said clapping excitedly.

"Alright I'm looking forward to it." I laughed.

I set her down and picked up Chay and Amailya, "I missed you guys too." I said hugging them.

I played a game of 'dress up' with the girls a bit.

"They've gotten to big." I said to Crystal as we watched Chay strut around in her princess dress.

"Yeah they have," she said with a little smile "They remind me so much of Mel too." She said laughing humorlessly.

I gave her a sad smile and nodded, "but they didn't get his big ass head." I said with a giggle.

She laughed at that and clapped her hands together, "Thank God they didn't ."

I checked the time on my phone before saying goodnight and heading to my room to try to get some sleep. Tomorrow was going to be a long day.

When I woke up I couldn't decide what to wear for the events that were going on today. I've never been an assistant but I assume there's some business casual dress code.

After contemplating for ten minutes, I decided on my favorite pair of jeans and a nice blouse.

I was out of the house by 4:00, I still had time to kill so I decided to get some tea for August and some for myself. By the time I made it to the building the interview was being held it was 5:30.

August had an interview with the main Atlanta radio station then the people from 105.1 the breakfast club since they flew from New York to Atlanta.

A lot of other Dj's and radio personalities were here too, I assumed because of the event August was going to be performing at later on today.

I sat and waited for August to arrive, he showed up a couple minutes later with the same guys that were with him in the studio.

I smoothed down my shirt with my hands and picked up his tea, I stood up and outstretched my hand once he got close enough to me.

"I bought you some tea." I said looking at his shade covered eyes.

He face was void of a emotions as he took the tea from my hands and handed it to one of the guys in his little group and then kept walking.