Switch!

"Knew it was wrong but couldn't help it, and I don't care I'm being selfish. Know what I want and I want your best friend ain't gonna front uh uh I want you best friend."

I met Melvin's girl that day he brought me to her, her name was Crystal. She was pregnant with Mel's kid and even though they didn't have the perfect relationship, they were both pretty happy.

Anybody could tell they were great together by the way he looked at her and carefully watched her every time she had to get up and do something on her own. It was so cute made me wonder when something like that was going to come for me.

After hanging with her for a little bit, she got sleepy and Mel dropped me off at my aunts house. He told me he had to get to work and that he'd text me later.
I saw Mel a couple more times over that summer until I had to leave to go back to Philly. Surprisingly Rae and August were still going strong and August was still spending the little money he had on her. Go figure.

The last day in Louisiana was a little sad for me, I was going to miss Mel. He promised he'd keep in contact and I agreed. I was a little thrown off when August pulled me in for a quick hug and said, "you cool peoples, be safe getting home."

I hugged Rae and my aunt and then left ,leaving summer behind me.

The school year breezed by and soon it was summer again. I was actually really excited to go back to Louisiana so much went on while I was in Philly. Crystal had her baby and was pregnant again. August and Rae were still dating and that alone shocked me considering Rae couldn't even keep a crush for a week.

My aunt Whitney was getting ready for work when we showed up, we were an hour early. After I was settled in I said goodbye to my parents and started unpacking.

"Alright baby I'm headin' out for work Rae should be coming soon." My aunt said as she put her shoes on.

I nodded closing the last drawer I filled with clothes. "Alright auntie be safe, I love you."

"Love you too."

She grabbed her purse and left, I had the house all to myself and didn't know what to do. I texted Melvin earlier but he's busy so we can't hang out and Crystal was at her moms house right now.

I left out a huff and grabbed my journal.

"I might as well write.." I thought.

I grabbed a pen and flipped to a clean page, I hummed a tune as I wrote.
I was only about to write the chorus when I heard the front door close and two voices.

I set my book down and scrunched my eyebrows together, one was obviously Rae but the other one was unfamiliar.

Soon the voices made their way down the hall and into Rae's room. I couldn't hear them anymore as they shut the door. I stood up from my spot on the bed and looked at the time, I decided I should cook something since Rae had company over and obviously wasn't going to do it.

I walked into the kitchen trying to think about what to cook.
"Well if I cook something I gotta make sure Rae's friend likes it to." I mumbled to myself.

I made my way back down the hallway and to Rae's door. I paused as I heard noises that didn't sound like talking, they were... moans?

I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion and carefully opened the door, only leaving a big enough crack for me to see what's going on.

My eyes widen and gasp escaped my lips I saw Rae's naked body on top of some guys . It definitely wasn't August; this guy was lighter than him and he wasn't lean like August. Rae's moans got louder as she worked her hips against his.