Call me Guilty

"I'm sitting contemplating
Is it worth it..."

"What? You're lying that didn't happen." I said as I shook my head in disbelief.

"I put that on everything it did, it was so funny bruh." He said as he laughed lightly.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around myself as the night breeze hit me. August and I had been walking for a while now the sun was setting and the breeze was picking up.

"You cold?" August asked.

I shook my head as I shivered. He smacked his lips and grabbed my arm ,pulling me closer to him. I had to stop myself from nuzzling my face into his side because of how warm his was and how good he smelled.

"I mean I would be like those people in the movies and give you my jacket, but a nigga cold and don' like sharin'." He said.

I smacked his arm playfully and muttered "asshole". We walked in silence, it wasn't awkward or anything it was...comfortable. I really enjoy spending time with August he was really cool and I know under all that 'I'm a hard nigga' , a really nice guy was hiding.

It was dark now and we decided to go back to my aunts house. When we arrived to the house Rome was just walking out the door.

August took a step away from me leaving me with the cool night breeze, I shivered and wrapped my arms around myself again.

"Aye aug what's up man? I was just looking for you." He said doing s little handshake with August.

"I was just Chillen with Jazmine waiting for Rae to be back at the house." He said shrugging and shoving his hands in his pockets.

Rome glanced at me, but I looked down at my sneakers not wanting to say anything I'd regret. I was getting angry again just thinking about it, "I'll talk to you later August." I mumbled and walked away not wanting to hear his reply.

I walked into the house and saw Rae looking out the window, she jumped when the door slammed behind me.

"Chill all that shit out Jazmine, you ain't tell August did you?" She asked nervously.

"If they're out there talking and not fighting what do you think?" I rolled my eyes at her stupidity.

"Thanks I knew I could count on you." She said taking a step closer to hug me.

I immediately took a step back, "No, you can't. It's either you tell him or I do ." I said crossing my arms across my chest.

She looked at me in disbelief then laughed, "That was a joke right? You know I can't tell August I'm fucking his best friend." She said while laughing. When she noticed I wasn't joining in she stopped and stared at me. "Right Jazmine?"

"No, it's not fair to him you can't have both of them." I remarked.

"Oh I get it, you just want August to yourself, huh? I saw how you to were walking up to the house, looking real cozy with my man weren't you Jaz?" She said as she looked at me accusingly.

She was turning this around me? Me? I let out a forced laugh and shook my head.

"No I don't want August, you just need to get your shit together. Why string him along if your obviously happy with someone else?" I asked honestly.

"Well what if I'm happy with both?" she inquired with a frown.

"You need to tell him Rae or I will." I repeated.

"Tell who, what?" August said as he entered the house.

I glared at Rae and waited for her to say something, but instead she walked over to him and kissed him then laughed nervously.