Chapter 160: No Match Against Flames (EP. 01)

𝐀 𝐟𝐞𝐰 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐀𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥

"Yes, Kai, do place DunBroch's flag there, in between Wadel's and Corona's. Miss Gerda, please remind Chef Leonardo and Lady Guinette to have the ingredients prepared for Official Santiago's most awaited Gazpacho, you know how the man is fond of ours."

Aiden released a strained sigh and swept his tousled, disheveled dark hair in distress.

Unexpectedly yesterday, he and Elsa were delightfully alarmed by their dutiful head butler himself that majority of Europe's countries took a strong approval towards Arendelle as the eventsplace for this year's European Summit.

The eastern kingdom of Cauven, is supposedly the host of this year's European Summit. But unfortunately, almost all of the foreign ambassadors and officials shared a simultaneous agreement for Arendelle to be the host once again.

While shifting the eventsplace from a foreign kingdom to theirs indeed saved the King and Queen of Arendelle the woozy ship sail to be able to attend, it caused the entire castle staff and especially Elsa to panic since the upcoming occasion is drawing nearer and nearer and time is of the essence.

He placed a gloved hand against a growing migraine and forced up a shaky smile. Elsa volunteered to help since it was her duty, but of course, Aiden only wanted for his wife to relax and leave the rest of the tasks to him. Even if most of them are difficult.

He was also informed that a certain war freak would not be in attendance, to his and his wife's relief. If that agile peacock Duke would attend then there would be nothing but intensified tension between Arendelle and Weselton.

He slid off his naval blue uniform and folded it neatly, not really a big fan of starchy clothing. He closely observed as a troop of guards waddled over to transfer the lengthy discussion table to the center of the Great Hall.

The buff men's grip weakened, causing for the table to abruptly drop back on the floor. They all groaned in frustration, apparently the furniture's weight is not that easy to lift. After noticing their struggled breaths, Aiden marched up to be of assistance and wrapped his hands around one of the legs and gathered all his strength.

To all the guards' shock and utter amazement, the king successfully completed the job with no flaws— that is, until they heard an audible ripping noise coming from Aiden's direction.

Several maids carrying silver platters almost fainted once they noticed the embarrassing commotion. Aiden sheepishly smiled at the surrounding staff as he attempted to cover his bare upper body with his naval blue jacket, yet failed as his uniform unluckily doesn't have buttons sewn on the lapels to seal the space between that exposed his hard planed chest.

Aiden, still chagrined, quickly crouched down to pick up his torn up white shirt and stepped out of the Great Hall, bowing his head lowly towards the frozen staff and made a bee line for Elsa's study.

The young maids carrying a cargo of silver platters huddled together once the King of Arendelle is out of ear shot.

"Happy accidents," One maid dreamily sighed. "Such an Adonis, isn't he? The Queen must be so lucky," another gushed.

"Ahem, ladies, please finish up your given chore and carry on to the next," Kai prompted, clearly overhearing their gossiping.

"Y-yes, sir Kai."
•••
Aiden silently twisted the knob leading to his wife's study and opened the door, eyes slightly widening in surprise once he found the treasurable sight lingering inside. His lips curled into a smile of awe. He made sure that every step of his will cause no noise as he approached the beautiful sight he found, a  blanket prepared in his left hand.

There, Elsa lay, with her back reclined against the cushioned backrest of the cherry wood rocking chair. Her left arm held an equally snoozing baby prince, his wisps of platinum blonde hair shielded by a little beanie.

Aria's head is rested on her mother's chest, her head also in the confines of a fitted cotton soft beanie. Underneath her curled up body is Elsa's right fore arm, a small trail of drool found on the corner of the young princess's lips.

Tears almost stung the corner of his eyes as he couldn't help but fold his arms with a contented smile, wondering what did he even do to be worthy to see a lovely, priceless view.

He wrapped the blanket around his little family, giving the side of Elsa's face a kiss and gently patting each of the twins' head. He quickly tip toed out of the room and took the path leading to the Family Wing, eager to change into a less chest revealing attire.

As if on cue, the Queen of Arendelle shifted groggily and froze stiff once she took note of her children sleeping off without a care in the world in her arms. As expected, she didn't have any plans to surrender these two precious creatures to their crib.

She giggled the moment she saw her son wiggle his mouth, a trait Chandler obviously inherited from his sire. Mama, you make a nice warm bed, Aria snored, her chin now on top of her mother's shoulder, please don't put us down, she pleaded.

Chandler felt a soft thumb caress his nose, his eyes rolling subconsciously as he knew it was his mother who did this. Daddy makes a good bed too, but mama's warmth was different. Her arms encouraged him to develop into a big strong prince but at the same time, didn't want him to grow any older.

Her arms felt like love.

Once he grows up, could his arms hug mama and feel like love, too?

"Nice nap you took there, pretty eyes," Aiden smiled, his voice hushed in a low whisper. Elsa yawned and made a little movement, eliciting a loud noise of protest to leave their son's lips.

"Please don't put them on their crib," Aiden kneeled next to the rocking chair, "They seem to be fond of your warmth as I am. In short, they love you very much, pretty eyes."

"And I love them too," Elsa chuckled, "Just as much as I love their father."

"Mmh, you deserve a kiss," The fire king moved forward and gave her one, before tentatively seizing the moment and placing another, and another, and another—

Auriana not so subconsiously kicked her brother's leg from where she is, earning a hefty cry to be unleashed by the now distraught prince causing Aiden to pull away from their beloved mama before anything gets any further.

"No kicking, snowflake," Elsa lightly chastised, hoisting her little girl up, "Mama won't leave you. Scold daddy for getting carried away."

"Sorry," Aiden murmured sheepishly, "Scold mama for being a goddess, too."

To be continued
on the next chapter...

A/N: Here's an Aiden aesthetic for y'all! ♥️♥️♥️

Anyways, I have an announcement to make. There will be a new conflict coming in Aidelsa's way and it's a surprise. I ain't gonna spoil anything 🤐 I hope I can make longer chapters because there's a limit of 200. But don't worry, we're still far from that. We still have 40 chapters, which I will do my best to make them longer.
•••
Question for today: “Why do you like reading Frozen III: The Queen and I?”