Short Written Thing

I have no idea on what to title it. Ugh!!!

There is a young man sitting in a tree, reading a book and crying. An Old Man was walking by, stopped and said to the man,

"That must be one tragic book."

The Man replied

"Oh, no sir this book isn't sad at all, it's quite happy."

"Then are you crying because it's happy?"

"No." The Man replied simply.

"Then why are you crying?" The Old Man asked.

"Because things like this don't happen in real life."

"What has happened in your book that doesn't happen in real life?"

"The Man, in my book, was in love with this women for as long as he could remember, but the woman loved another man, a man who didn't treat her with the love she deserved. The Man who loved her was always there for her, but the woman stayed with the second man. The Man, the one who barely loved her, and the woman were engaged, but before they got married the woman learned that she will never be happy with the man she was going to marry and the man who loved her had finally told the woman he loved her and she realized that he was the man she always dreamed she'd end up with and they get married instead."

"If that's not how it's like in real life, then how does it end in the real world."

" 'In the real world the man never tells the woman he loves her. The woman ends up marrying the man who barely loves her and the Man who loves her never moves on, on the small hope that the woman will realize that he is the man she always wanted. A couple years later, the woman has children and the man completely losses hope in ever having her, but yet he never moves on because he knows he will never love another woman like he loved her. Years later, when the man is not quite young, yet not quite old, the woman he's always loved dies and is buried. Everyday he goes to her grave with a rose and says he loves her. While the man she was married to marries another. Everyday he does that until he inevitably dies. When the woman died he made it so that when he did, his grave is right next to hers. So that he would be next to her for as long as the earth is still alive.' That is how it actually happens. Out here," the man gestures to the surroundings around him, "where everything is nor fair, nor happy."

"Young Man, honestly, how do you know that's what actually happens?" The old man asked bewildered.

"Because, it's about to," The man said simply.

He then closed his book, jumping off the tree, a red rose present in his hand, a book in the other, and walked away, without another word.

Leaving the Old man there, staring at him as his figure retreated.