Presidential Election

I am an American. I will proudly say that I love my country. This election today in ways angers me and makes me sick but I will forever love this country. We make bad decisions and we have some bad pasts but we are made of people who have conquered issues like slavery, women's right, LGBTQ rights and we have changed laws for the better. We will continue to grow because all humans do and maybe it will be delayed and maybe it won't come in time for our lifetime but I believe in the power of humans that eventually we will get it right and solve issues that are pressing now. As a Female, a minority, a member/supporter of the LGBTQ community, a supporter of Disables and as an American I have a right to be frustrated with the amount of people who are showing that they themselves aren't supporters of these communities. And I am, I have frustration. But to me this isn't enough to make me turn my back on my country and make me turn my back on my love for this country. I love this place for the way it's right and the ways that it is fair, not for the amount that are ignorant and unsupportive. I love this country for the freedom we are given, for the ways that we aren't trapped in only one social class forever, we have the ability to make greater things from ourselves from literally, absolutely nothing. We can go from a dirt poor family and study and learn to become successful, educated, financially stable people. We are a country, unlike others, that allows free education (up until after High School). We don't have to fight for the right to have our ten year-old child attend a school and get an education. There are multiple countries that don't have that same luxuries as us, they have to fight and pay for their child to get a basic education and most of them can't and their potential is waisted. We don't have to deal with the struggles of having a war-zone in our country, we don't have to live in fear of being attacked in our own homes by fighter from another country. We have people out there successfully protecting this country with all their might so we can have safe land. I know that we struggle with our own troubles and that our land and people are not perfect and we might still be fighting issues that have been here since the dawn of our country and our people may make terrible decisions but I choose to look at the great things and the great strides that we have made with our country and I refuse to hate my country by overlooking the great things we have here that aren't available in third-world country. And sure I could be ignorant and I could be too childish or whatever you want to say but I know that whatever the outcome of our election will not change that I love my country, and that I will choose to be grateful that I was born here because I know that my life is brighter here than it would be in most other countries. I will be grateful for the possibilities that all people have in this country. We still need to change things within our country and I know that. I want to help fight the things we need changes but even though we have problems it doesn't mean we can't help change them. And we can still love our country and understand that we still need to change things. Understanding the flaws in things doesn't mean you can't still love it with all of your might. We might be broken and we might need a change in views but I know that we can fight issues to make them better. We don't have to leave and hate our country when we can stay here and help make it better. You don't have to hate your country after this, you can accept what is wrong and do your part to make it right.

I'm sorry I had to share my opinion and I honestly feel no regret because I just had to get it all out and say it.

-Isa ❤️