Chapter 12 B&C💜💛

Start from the beginning

I sighed, sitting up "this wasn't my plan, and I'm scared....I'm afraid of what this is going to do to us, we are building something strong, and a baby would just complicate that. I don't even know if he wants another child, and I don't want him to feel like I'm trying to lock him in or something. I don't want to lose him, I'm falling in love with him;" another tear slipped down my cheek. I explained trying desperately to stop my tears, but failing dismally as I scrubbed my face with my hands.

"Bey, Shawn loves you, he might not have said it yet, but I see the way he looks at You, and I know that if you tell him, he will be the happiest guy in the world."

"I just don't want to scare him away by putting something like this on him when we're still trying to figure out what we are. I scoffed "We haven't even put a label on things and Bam I'm knocked up!"

"But sweetie, none of that is going to matter when you two hold that little bundle of joy in your arms, all you'll know is that you love each other and are happy."-

"I don't know, Nicki. It's easier said than done... I just need some time to clear my head."

"Are you going to tell Shawn."

"Yes, Nicki, I just need some time with this. I need some time to process it and get used to the idea before I tell Shawn, or anybody else," but I will definitely tell him it's his child he deserves to know."

Nicki smiled in, understanding "Everything is going to work out, girl. You going back to the precinct?" she asked raising up from the couch.

I shook my head "no, Shawn kicked me out."

Nicki laughed "what why?"

Well, he said that I was too sick to be at work, which he was right about, but of course, me being my stubborn self, I got mad and snapped at him, and we ended up getting into a litter fight."

"Well Damm girl, he was just looking out for you."

"I know, but I'm not used to that, you know, and now thinking about it, it was the pregnancy hormones."

Nicki chuckled. "You think" I rolled my eyes.

"Imma called him later and apologize." I stood up, grabbing my bag and key.

"You okay to drive?"

"Yeah, I'm good" I pulled her into a tight hug "thanks, Nicki." She give me a tight squeeze before releasing me and stepping back.

"You're welcome girl, you know I'm always here for you. Make sure you call your doctor to set an appointment."

"I will bye," I waved before making my way out of the morgue.

I just wanna go home and sleep, I didn't want to think about what me being pregnant means when I can't even think straight. I felt emotionally and physically drained.

On my way home, I called my doctor and set up an appointment within in the next two days. In the meantime, she advised me to take some vitamins, eat well, and keep myself and the baby healthy, so I stopped to the pharmacy to grab everything that I needed before finally arriving home. Upon arriving home, I went straight to my bedroom.

I stood in the mirror, unbutton my shirt, and looked down at my flat, toned stomach. I can't believe that there is a baby in there—Shawn's baby. God has a sense of humor.

When I was telling him my plans not to have another child until I was married and in a secure relationship. He most have just laughed in my face because here I am pregnant with a man child that I'm not even in a relationship with.

And what scary is, I don't know if Shawn wants to have another child, Speaking of baby father, let me call him and apologize for snapping on him earlier.