"W-what-?"

"As much as I love hearing you ramble about trees, I needed you to stop talking," he snickered.  "Wait here. I'll be right back, okay?"

"Y-yeah, okay."

      Michael kissed Evan's forehead with a smile before walking out the doors. He blinked when he saw two other guys talking to Dustin, one of them he instantly recognized. He walked over to the group as he fiddled with the money in his pocket. 

"Really Connor? At school?"

"Hush," Connor dismissed, as he snuck something into his bookbag. "Thanks, Dustin."

"Anytime. Hey, if it isn't my other favorite customer," they smirked, fist-bumping Michael. 

"Hey Dustin. Hey... Jared."

"Michael? You- hah. Totally called it. Hey Connor, this is the geek that I was super convinced that smoked that I told you about."

      Connor looked Michael up and down as the retro boi handed Dustin his money.

"Well... that's kinda easy to infer since he has a Bob Marley and a weed patch on his hoodie."

"You could at least let me feel smart."

"Never."

"Dick. Okay, so, where's the acorn? You didn't bring him with you, did-?"

"What? No," Michael scoffed. "He's too innocent for that. I told him to wait-"

"Micha? Is everything- Jared?" Evan asked as he turned the corner.

      Michael was basically caught red-handed, bag of weed in hand. 

"What are you- a-and Connor? W-what- and what is that?"

"This? Oh um..." he trailed off, slipping the bag into his backpack. "Just some tea leaves."

"Really? Cool!" Evan smiled as Dustin walked back into the building. 

      Connor's eyes widened, and he glanced at Michael and Jared.

"Is he really that innocent-?"

"Yes," they answered simultaneously as Evan blinked. 

"So are you and Connor uh... friends... now Jared?"

      Connor winced slightly at how Evan's question sounded, snapping his ponytail against his wrist. Jared subtly placed a hand on Connor's back without looking at him, nodding at Evan.

"Yeah. We kinda got close over the weekend."

The sound of the ponytail snapping grabbed Michael's attention, though, and he glanced at Connor before standing closer to Evan, holding his hand. 

"Class is gonna start i-in a couple minutes, so we gotta go," Evan smiled, squeezing Michael's hand.

      Jared gaped, about to speak before Evan cut him off.

"And y-yes, Jared. We're dating."

       As Michael and Evan walked back into the building, pulling each other slightly closer by every step, they could hear Jared laugh out 'Totally fucking called it! Man I should be a psychic-'

~~~

      After getting through half of the day, Evan and Michael met up by Evan's locker. 

"You brought a packed lunch too?" Evan asked.

"Yup! I gotta have my sushi. Hey, I have this perfect spot we can eat at. You down?" 

      Evan nodded with a grin, leaning onto Michael as he fiddled with his lunch bag.