-Chapter Four ½-

~He looks around and says to me, there's no where else I'd rather be~

(So. I'm adding in little Kleinphy chapters every now and then, because I seriously love Kleinphy... anyways-)

T.W: mention of drugs

Jared slammed his locker closed, about to leave for the day. Long story short, he felt awful. Yeah, what Connor said was hurtful, but that's not what made him feel bad. It was what he did to Connor.

He moved towards the exit to the prison-like building, until he heard the loud slam of a locker down a hallway. He jumped, turning towards the noise and breath catching in his throat.

Connor Murphy.

And he looked beyond upset.

Jared stopped himself from running up to him and apologizing right then and there.

"Jesus Jared have some pride," he scolded himself quietly.

He watched Connor secretly from behind a corner as he walked down the hallway, and scooted away once the emo boi leaned on the other side of the corner. They were basically leaning next to each other.

Jared's pride was instantly shattered and thrown out the window when he heard Connor sniffle. It wasn't an 'allergies' or 'sick' one. It was a legitimate 'I'm-trying-so-fucking-hard-not-to-cry' sniffle. The sound nearly broke him.

'The hell? What is this guy doing to me?'

He stepped back and away from the wall. He walked towards Connor again, pretending to see him and totally was not standing next to him for a straight two minutes.

When he did actually turn the corner, however, he became face to face with an... actually content looking Connor. It was really strange.

He was leaned against the wall, eyes closed and ear buds in. The right side of his hair was tucked behind his ear, left side remaining unruly and in his face. (So the fan art I put above? I actually found that after I put that description. I'm psychic.) He looked relaxed; like the weight of the world was no longer on his shoulders.

To say Jared was going through a gay panic would be an understatement.

Still trying to gather his cocky composure, he reached over and tugged on Connor's over-sized jacket sleeve. Connor jumped, and his eyes blinked open, pulling out an ear bud as his eyes narrowed at Jared after opening.

"What do you want?"

Jared held up his hands defensively, shaking his head and eyes widening at Connor's red ones.

"I just... I wanted to apologize," he sighed.

Connor's eyes softened a bit, and he smirked slightly.

"Who are you and what have you done with Jared Kleinman?"

"Har har," Jared rolled his eyes. "Really Connor. I just wanted to make sure you're okay."

Connor smiled. Actually smiled.

"Y'know what? Thanks."

He took his ear buds out, pausing his music while trying to shield his phone away from Jared. He still saw the picture of the Tangled soundtrack cover, and the 'play' icon. He smirked, deciding to ask him about it later.

"Don't thank me, I'm apologizing," he snorted.

Connor shook his head with a slight smile. He opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by Zoe, who was by the school's exit at the end of the hallway.