36

The first day back to school after break isn't exactly anyone's favorite day

The first day back to school after break isn't exactly anyone's favorite day. It's my second least favorite day after the first day of school. Going back to school after spending the past two weeks free to do anything and everything, it's very depressing.

Reece was already waiting for me outside, and I was really dragging myself out there with the tiniest bit of energy left in me. As I sat in the car, he handed over a brown paper bag and cup filled with coffee. "You look dead."

"Thanks, it's apart of my look." I relaxed into the seat and began to drink the ice coffee. My look today was pretty much sweats and a long sleeve crop top with my winter jackets wrapped around me. I pretty much just looked like a zombie.

Reece chuckled and placed his hand on my thigh, pulling out of my driveway and zooming down the street. "Don't worry, you're still hot."

"Oh, I wasn't worried about that." I winked at him before slowly tearing off the wrapper around my chocolate chip muffin, "So...how's life at casa de Lisa?"

I'd been dying to know what the hell those two were up to last night. Apparently he was helping her with job applications, but knowing Lisa she definitely had something up her sleeve.

Reece merely shrugged, "Nothing entertaining to report back. She filled out a few job applications last night and we ordered Chinese. Her room is all the way at the other end of the hall so it's not like we're talking all the time."

"I hope she gets a job," I muttered, "the sooner she gets one and makes some money, the sooner she can get the hell out of your house."

Reece decided to ignore that comment and instead remained silent as he pulled into the parking lot of the school. I finished up the rest of my muffin, tossing all the trash back into the paper bag. I was about to open the car door, but Reece quickly stopped me.

I raised my eyebrow and looked down at his hand, questioning why the hell he was stopping me. "What's wrong?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were ok. It's the first day back and you're going to have to see him." He explained.

Right. Freddie. I was sorta hoping we could gloss over that incident since we were focused on the whole Lisa issue, but I should've known better. "Don't worry about me, I'm fine. All I want to do now is put Freddie and everything else behind me."

"I don't know how you can be so calm and collected about it, I still want to murder that son of a bitch for what he did."

"I'm used to it." I said, trying to move past this subject as fast as possible. Although I desperately didn't want to think about Freddie and how awkward things could be, I was still constantly thinking about it. Why hadn't I seen the signs beforehand? How didn't I know about his aggressive tendencies? I mean sometimes he got jealous and angry, but nothing that I thought to be terrible.