Chapter 4: Friendship or no?

*𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚕𝚢-𝚙𝚊𝚍 𝙺𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚍𝚘𝚖, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛.

*𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚍𝚘𝚖𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚜𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎.

------------------------------

No messages, calls, or any mail from him for a long time now. I wonder what happened to him; I hope it's nothing terrible. Vietnam thought while looking at her phone. It had been one month since she'd got anything from her best friend, Cuba. After her trip from the Apple Federal, she'd gotten closer to some other countries like America and Canada, people that Cuba doesn't like hanging around (although she's still struggling to get used to America's giant ego, I can't curse here kids).

"Nam-Nam! Do you want breakfast?" A voice called out (Nam-Nam is Vietnam's nickname given by Philippines)

"Yeah! Coming Phil!" She called back, putting her phone in her backpack and walking out, seeing Philippines (trying to) cook eggs. Luckily nothing was burnt down to crisps (because you don't want that happening), and Vietnam ended up helping her before any other bad stuff happened before they got to school.

                                                  ..-. .-. .. . -. -.. ...

While walking to school, Phil thought something was bothering her best friend. She'd noticed that Vietnam was a bit concerned with the look on her face trying to hide it with her neutral face. She wanted to know what was bothering her best friend.

"Nam-Nam?" She quipped, making Vietnam snap to reality after she was thinking about the problems that might have happened to Cuba (wow a friend that would worry where you were if only I had one like that).

"H-huh? Oh, what do you need, Phil?" She answered, now focusing her attention on Philippines while still making sure she was walking on the path.

"I've been noticing that you've been concerned around something? Is there anything I can do to help?"

"No, no, not at all! What's makes you think of that?"

Phil sighed and stopped in her tracks, "Seriously? Don't lie to me like that, I can see through people's lies y' know."

Vietnam then remembered that she won 5 times in a row in a game called 'two truths and a lie' between her, Malaysia, Thailand, and Indonesia. That one time showed the people that she could see through others' lies, no matter how hard they try to hide it. Well, there is no way out of this since she's going to find out soon. I might as well tell her.

"Fine, I've been having some problems that are bothering me." Vietnam finally conceded. "It's mostly about Cuba not replying to my texts. He hasn't even sent me any postcards about him being okay in his life. I know that I may sound a bit creepy but, it makes me paranoid about where he is."

Phil took some time to think before she said anything, she isn't the best friend with Cuba since he's different from her and she wouldn't want to annoy her friend by saying he isn't a good friend.

"I think it could be that he may also go to the academy too, you know you may need to bring your grades up if you want to get into a school like that, especially if it's a wizard kind."