Chapter 2: Nightmares and magical foxes

*𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚍 𝙴𝚖𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚎. 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗.

*𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝙰𝚜𝚒𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚢𝚑𝚞𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚘𝚝𝚢𝚙𝚎𝚜, 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝.

*𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐! (𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚞𝚙 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑)

------------------------------

"Hey North," a country began. "Do you think we'll be able to rule this land together, as brothers?"

"Yeah, maybe so. Unless we can run away to live a normal life than being rulers in this part of the land." North answered.

"That could be a better choice, but would appa be sad?" asked the other country.

"Appa would be sad, so are you thinking about leaving the kingdom?"

Then it all faded away and showed him in a field with another country in the distance. It was the Korean Empire, his father.

"Appa? Is that you?" North called out to the empire. The empire said nothing, he just stood there while the wind moved along with the grass and the hanbok he was wearing. North decided to walk to him to see if it was his father or if it was just a hallucination. When he got there he looked at his father's face but it wasn't his father's face at all...

                             it was the Japanese Empire. (a.k.a J.E.)

"Well, would you look at that, I never thought a smart country like this would fall for such a simple trick." J.E. sneered. 

North immediately took a cautious step back, he didn't know it was one of his old enemies that came back to life after she'd killed the Korean's father, what more could she want? This monster, I thought that capitalist weirdo took care of her, I guess those bombs weren't probably enough to demolish her for good. Might as well demolish her before she starts taking over the empire. He thought to himself as he took his mini-nukes out from his pockets. 

"Seems like we'll need to fight it out. How fun!" J.E. derided with a smirk on her face. "I hope you'll be ready for it." After saying so a katana appeared in her left hand and the hanbok magically disappeared showing her in an old Japanese uniform instead. 

"I'll start." She declared, then she swished her katana at North's head barely missing him, luckily he dodged it quickly enough so that it didn't cut off his head literally. After the dodge, he put out a smoke bomb that he secretly held in his hand after taking it out of his pocket when the Japanese Empire swung her katana at him.

"H-hey what the?!" 

North, who had his plan executed before J.E. could even try to swing another hit at him ran away as quickly and quietly as he could. Although being in an open field with no place to hide and the grass crunching under his boots did not help at all for his escape. But the smoke only helped partially, after 1 minute of running the Japanese Empire got out of the smoke bomb, she had something to help her get out of the smoky situation. So much for a simple escape.