Chapter 2

tw: sexual assault, violence

Chapter 2

Almost Eighteen

Criselda Eunice's Point of View

It's Sunday. I woke up feeling productive so I quickly got up and did my morning routine. I fixed my messy bed and headed downstairs to eat breakfast. The smell of coffee hit my nostrils the moment I looked at the direction of our kitchen. I saw my aunt making her cup of coffee. "Morning," bati ko kay Tita Alicia na nagtitimpla ng kape niya sa tasa.

She's wearing her usual casual attire. White blouse paired with jeans and sandals. Her middle length black hair was tied in a low ponytail. Mukhang may pupuntahan ito sa labas na kailangan niyang asikasuhin.

"Morning, Eunice. Anong agenda mo this day?" she asked while pouring milk in her coffee.

"Uh... I'll go to the grocery store since Ate Alexa can't go. She said she had something urgent to do. Then, I'll just do the usual things I do everyday. Magsisimba rin ako mamayang hapon, why?" I answered and walked over to the pantry.

I opened the box of cereal then poured some in the bowl. Tita Alicia handed me the milk. "Since, you're going to go to the grocery. Get me these things, okay?" she said and gave me a piece of paper, her list of things was written on it. "And, can you plan out what you want to do for your eighteenth birthday. Isn't it just a week away?" she added and took a sip on her coffee while looking up at me.

I gasped, remembering that my birthday is quickly approaching. "Oh, oo nga pala. Mag-eeighteen na ako. I'll plan something out," I said and laughed softly.

She drank all of her coffee in one go then grabbed a piece of bread that was on the table. "I'll be back. Ang tito mo ay natutulog. Can you also cook lunch? I need to run an errand. Baka magalit nanaman ang tito mo kapag wala siyang makain," bilin nito at nginitian ako. She quickly opened her stash of white colored small circles of gummies that looks like small blueberries and ate two of it.

It's weird, Tita Alicia never let me get those gummies, when it's just vitamins. She lets Ate Alexa and Tito Ferdinand eat it, but not me.

I nodded. "Okay."

She hustled over to the door and reached up for the keys of the car and got out of the house. Later on, Tita Alicia's husband, Tito Ferdinand, climbed down the stairs. He has his usual morning look. He was caressimg his stomach while his other hand was scratching the back of his head. Humikab pa ito at tinignan ang kabuoan ng kusina.

He gave me a malicious look before walking away, towards the direction of the bathroom. I grabbed the chance to get out of the kitchen. I grabbed my food together with me and climbed up to my room.

I finished eating inside my bedroom and immediately decided to start my agenda early. I took a quick bath and headed out of my room.

When I walked towards the dining area ay nadatnan ko si Tito Ferdinand na nagbabasa ng diyaryo habang nangunguyakoy. "May pupuntahan ka?" tanong niya, hindi ako tinatapunan ng tingin at nakatuon pa rin ang atensyon niya sa diyaryong hawak.

"Pupunta ako sa grocery store. May gagawin kasi si Ate Alexa," I quickly washed the bowl I used and walked outside the house as soon as I can.

I decided to take a stroll while on my way to the grocery store, since it was pretty close. I didn't want to bring the other car, it's such a hassle to find a parking spot, and I don't have a license yet. Kahit malapit lang ang pupuntahan ko, Tita Alicia still doesn't let me drive, especially on my own. Nang malapit na ako sa tawiran ay naghintay ako nang sandali para kaunti lamang ang dadaan na sasakyan.