제 4화

Jimin was especially happy and giddy the next morning. Somehow, although his dream was weird it made him happy. He had woken up with a sleeping black fur ball all cuddled up between the crook of his neck and the pillow. Honestly, anyone would think it was adorable. And he was used to Ggukie somehow appearing by his side every morning.

Now, Seung jo was watching a Disney animated movie dubbed to Korean while he just finished setting a bowl of a snack. The movie was one of his favorites, but he couldn't quite grasp why his son loved watch Tangled. He couldn't get Mother Gothel singing "Flower gleam and glow~ let your power shine~ make the clock reverse~ bring back what once was mine~" out of his head, but it was worth it since Seung jo always clapped his hands excitedly when Rapunzel hit Flynn with the pan; the giggles melted him instantly.

Ggukie was comfortably sitting on Seung jo's lap on the floor, cushions surrounding them. He was especially happy too, Jimin acknowledged him last night and maybe now he could show his human appearance.

"Appa!~" little Seung jo whined, patiently waiting for the baby carrots his father was about to bring him.

"I'm here." Jimin sat down on the floor beside him with a white bowl full of baby carrots. He ate one of them, the crunchy sound forced Ggukie's furry ears to raise as well as his head. Seems like he wanted them. "Chew on it before you gulp it,"
Jimin fed his son one of the baby carrots, eyes on him not wanting him to accidentally choke on it since Seung jo's teeth were still small yet the latter loved the baby carrots.

"Mmm," Seung jo hummed in delight while chewing and with his small right hand, he grabbed another one from the bowl in his father's hold. Jimin watched how Ggukie's small body raised and followed the baby carrot with his dark eyes. And it happened in a flash.

Before Jimin could react, Ggukie had jumped out of little Seung jo's lap and stole the baby carrot from his little fingers! He hopped a few steps back before eating the baby carrot right in front of the duo's eyes.

"Bad Ggukie! Bad!" Seung jo whined while pointing his small chubby index finger at the black bunny who stole his baby carrot and ate it. Jimin's lips parted and he also pointed his small index finger at the bunny.

"Ggukie, that was Seung jo's carrot!" he exclaimed and the bunny hopped towards him slowly. Seung jo grumpily huffed and grabbed another baby carrot from the bowl before eating it and continue watching the movie; Rapunzel had forced Flynn and Maximus to handshake.

Something felt odd from the way Ggukie was looking at Jimin. It was as if the bunny was trying to communicate and Jimin was confused. He placed the bowl of baby carrots beside Seung jo and leaned forward to grasp the bunny's soft body. "Ah! Ggukie, come here," he exclaimed when the bunny decided to hop away; specifically towards his room.

Worried, Jimin got up and followed him. "Ggukie, Where are you going?" He hastened his small steps following the bunny jumping away until he was inside his bedroom. "What are you doing here Ggukie? Let's go back to the living roo—"

He took his eyes off the bunny for one second and then he was gone.

"Jimin," spoke a man.

The unfamiliar yet familiar voice from his dream suddenly perked his ears. His eyes almost popped out of his face when he saw a man standing in the middle of his bedroom, completely naked.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't have stolen Seung jo's baby carrot. But I like carrots!" the man whined, a pair of full rosy lips formed a pout on his face. Jimin felt like he was dreaming, but when his eyes travelled down the unknown man's body, he gasped in horror.

"Oh my god!" he almost screamed in panic. "W-Who are you and how did you get inside my apartment? I'll call the police!" He covered his eyes, the thumps in his chest began to speed up.

"H-Huh? I-It's me! Ggukie!" The male tried to reason but when he looked down at himself, he also realized that he was completely naked. "I-I'm sorry! I'll use your hoodie!" The male stepped forward but Jimin stopped him, one hand still covered his vision.

"You can't be Ggukie. Ggukie is a bunny. How the hell did you get inside my apartment?"

Since Jimin wasn't looking at him, Ggukie walked past him and grabbed the same hoodie he wore the previous night, it was still on the bed. He slid it past his chest and arms, then through his head and covered himself down there with the fabric.

"Y-You bought me, from Yoongi hyung's owner store. I'm Ggukie! I'm your and Seung jo's Ggukie."

He tried again and stepped closer to the father.

"Don't come any closer!" Jimin reasoned, but when he peaked, the man was already dressed in his hoodie. And when they locked eyes, Jimin saw and recognized them. But Ggukie was a bunny, how could he be a man?

"I'm Ggukie," the man repeated slowly, his eyes clearly glistened and lips formed a pout. Jimin can be called crazy, but he stepped forward without fear. A perplexed look hovered over his eyes yet he raised his hand. Ggukie lowered his head, he didn't flinch but his toes curled and shoulders stiffened, he was nervous.

Jimin ruffled his soft silk hair and gasped when the proximity between them diminished. Those eyes captivated him.

"How..." he whispered.

The man before him was definitely his bunny.

"I'm a hybrid. Yoongi hyung is also a hybrid, a cat hybrid." And it clicked. The said man acted and looked so peculiar, he didn't have problem connecting the dots. But now he didn't know what to do. "And you're my owner. My mate."

"I'm y-your what?" Jimin almost choked on his spit but the look in the man's eyes told him it wasn't a jest.

"My mate. You. are. mine," Ggukie whispered, his lips curved up and he grasped the opportunity. His hands cupped the male's cheeks and he leaned forward to claim the rosy plump pair of lips as his.

Things did get really crafty and confusing from there, but it wasn't something Jimin a single father couldn't do. As weird and sudden as it was, there was a hybrid in his life that later on really proved they were mates and his name was Ggukie, the second father Seung jo came to have.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃

Thank you for reading Baby Carrots!

Baby Carrots!