Dream 016 | Wait Beside the River

(featuring: "Wait by the River" by Lord Huron)

I make a stupid decision. Well, maybe itʼs stupid because of love, but at least the pain will ease. Somehow.

Itʼs nighttime and I went to the forest alone, following the flows of the river where I saved you from drowning. And that was the very first time I saw you. Wearing that white silk dress and sandals.

At the end of that river, there was a waterfall, and on its side was a cliff. I slowly went up there and looked down.

Even if you are now buried in your grave, I still see your body down there... Like the very last day, I saw you alive.

I still remember that day when I chased you in the woods, then you stopped right here on the edge of this cliff where Iʼm standing right now. You were smiling at me at that time, and then suddenly out of nowhere, you jumped. I tried to catch you but itʼs late. You reached the ground, your dead body was lying in the oceans of dried leaves. You are still smiling, while your eyes are still open.

I looked up in the sky so I could see the full moon for the very last time. Then I looked at the city lights. They're beautiful when you look at those things. But honestly, you are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

I stepped closer to the edge of the cliff and looked down again.

"You're dead now. And gone. So how the hell am I supposed to live if you are the only one who keeps me alive?" I whispered through the wind.

After that, I started singing the song that you truly loved to listen to:

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I will wait by the river
In the light of the moon
At the edge of the city
I will wait for you... 𝅘𝅥𝅮

𝅘𝅥𝅮 Though I can't wait forever
Someday I'll be dead and gone
And I won't be forgiven
For what I've done... 𝅘𝅥𝅮

I sang that song until I sang the last stanza of it.

𝅘𝅥𝅮 If we canʼt be together,
I will leave this world behind
If I canʼt touch your body,
Can I touch the sky? 𝅘𝅥𝅮

Suddenly, tears came down rapidly to my face. I sang the last stanza while sobbing. As seconds passed, I jumped off the cliff, closed my eyes, and hoped that in my next life, I would meet you again.