Chapter 25

Chaeyoung's POV

After I closed the gate, I ran hastily to the front door. Huffing, I opened the door and saw the light was on. Which was odd because I turned off all the lights when I left the house. Is there an intruder?

As I walked inside suspiciously, A very familiar scent reached my nose that made me remember the person who has this very own scent. But it's impossible because that person won't go back here again. I shook the thought away and walked towards the kitchen. I furrowed my brow confusedly when I saw the door widely open. I went in and sighed frustratedly when I saw some used plates in the sink.

Before I left for buying something to drink, I made sure to wash the plates. So who's this unconscientious intruder leaving mess here? I washed the plates anyway.

Maybe its Jihyo. I thought, as I don't know of who else to blame.

Sometimes she would go here to clean the house herself, so maybe she just forgot to wash the plates? That's unusual though.

When I'm done cleaning, I walked out of the kitchen making sure I closed the door and I headed upstairs. The soft rustling noises coming from the master's bedroom made my heart starting to race anxiously, as I stepped slowly up on the staircase.

Is Jihyo cleaning it again? Lately, she cleaned the room but I didn't bother to ask why. Maybe Tzuyu just wanted it to get cleaned, or maybe... someone will use it? And that would be... Miss. Myoui? Or maybe it's her inside the room. But why would she go here?

My mind was fixed to an expectation of seeing her inside the room but the other part was expecting a thief.

What if it's really her? My mind was being hopeful.

I came to a halt in front of the closed door of the room and took a deep breathe. My fingers brushed the knob and gripped it tightly. Without wasting any second, I quickly pulled the door open. A suppressed gasp left my mouth and my lips stretched into a half smile. It was her... Mina.

She's wearing a bathrobe and her back was facing me. She seemed searching something inside her bag. Startled by the noise, she turned at me with a surprised look.

My heart fluttered by the sight of her. I can't believe she came back and it somehow made me happy. But then I remembered, she's not the Mina I knew. She's way more different because she was really a rich girl and nothing like what I always thought of her.

Its not like I hate it because she's actually richer than me, it's just that, I was too low-class for her now. She is an owner of a company while I'm just a mere writer. A really big difference, not just by the title but also in living status.

I'm desperate to have her before because I didn't know a thing about her. And though I still felt the want of having her with me, it seems impossible now for me to reach her.

With the thought, my happy feelings crashed down and I felt horrible again. Questions were circling around my head.

And only one stood out.

"Why are you here?" I felt hurt with my own coldness to her.
---

Mina's POV

My mind suddenly went blank. I don't know what to say as I stared at her blankly. So as her. She remained standing outside the room as she was eyeing me in all seriousness written all over her face.

"I..." I gulped, feeling the tension already. "I want us to talk." I said straightforwardly.

I waited for any reaction from her for a second until she scoffed and started walking away.