Chapter 22

---
I came back from the restroom and slumped on the comfy sofa behind Mina and Jeongyeon who were still oblivious of me the whole time. Two empty bottles of beer were on the table in front of me, reminding I didn't eat lunch yet. It's been an hour since I came and they, strangely, didn't took notice of me.

"So Mina," I heard Jeongyeon behind and my ears perked upon hearing the girl's name, "are you sure you'll come with me?" My brows furrowed in curiosity.

Mina hiccupped for a moment before I heard her chuckled, "you know, I'll go wherever you go." Her words were slurred.

"Really? How about Chaeyoung?" Jeongyeon has her seductive drunken tone.

So they're finally planning about it huh?

"I don't care about her." Mina scoffed and they both giggled. With clenched jaw, I choke hold of my third half-empty beer. "She's just a desperate writer anyway, nothing more than a sexy doctor like you." And they laughed again.

"Such a waste if you don't accept her proposal though, don't you think?"

"You can give me more than an apartment, Jeongyeon." Mina whinned whilst the doctor laughed softly like she's agreeing to Mina.

Oh how I wanted to appear in front of them, letting them know that I heard exactly of what they're saying and they can't fool me now.

I almost believed Mina, that I chose not to mention the proposal again because I became doubtful of the things I had said to her. That's when I spent time with her, I slowly gained pieces of faith that she is not like what I thought she is. That she is different from my ex.

On how quick she almost made me believe, that's how she suddenly broke it back to tiny pieces. All I heard right now, was enough reason for me to be certain about her.

She's nothing but a gold digger.
---

-next day
Chaeyoung's POV

10am.
I woke up with my head throbbing in pain. I gently massaged my temple, as I pushed myself to get up dizzily. I yawned and I immediately covered my mouth with a hand when I felt like throwing up.

I ran fast to my bathroom and threw up. After a minute, I decided to clean myself as the scent of beer were on me from last night. I washed up and after I changed clothes, I went out of my room. Averting my eyes away as I don't want to take a look of Mina's door. Downstairs, I started preparing my breakfast. I'm super starving right now.

I went harsh last night. I was under the influence of alcohol but I know everything that happened. Their whole conversation were still clear inside my head and just by thinking of it, makes me hate them more.

After I ate, I cleaned the kitchen then I went back upstairs and unintentionally glanced to the door of Mina's room that was actually open. I want to ignore it but curiosity got me.

It's never usual for her to leave the door open. Maybe because she's drunk that's why she forgot?

I silently walked towards the door and pushed it slowly.

I frowned when I found the bed empty. All her things were cleaned up and the whole room was like no one ever used it.

She's gone.
---

Mina's POV

"Miss. Mina," I frown as I heard Nayeon's sudden interruption as she entered my room in haste.

I was in the middle of checking the papers that Mr. Kim discussed to me during the meeting this morning, which displeased me because some of it were really nonsense for me.