[ Chapter 23 - A Prideless Action ]

Start from the beginning

From Ace: I'm sorry about yelling just now.

From  Ace: Are you calm now?

From Ace: Let's talk. 

From Ace: I'll wait at the Garden, no matter how long it takes. 

There were still a lot more before that but I didn't bother to read it. 

It was still snowing here on Scion Island since it was only the second week in January, the snow here only stops before February arrives.

I could picture Ace sitting at the Garden bench, snow piling on top of him. I could see him freezing, wearing just a long sleeve shirt. I could see him getting paler with every passing moment. 

It was going to be cold out there and I felt guilty making him wait for nothing but I stood my ground. I didn't even bother to reply to his messages. I had no plans on going to the Garden. He should have told me everything he wanted to say when we were talking just now. I said everything I needed him to hear, I had no regrets. 

We were done. 

I called Anne and Tony to my room and told them everything that was going on. I ended up crying again but this time I had two of my closest friends to comfort me. I told them to be more vigilant because I was not planning on letting the case go. They pushed me on and told me they were going to help as well. 

We spent the whole night trying to figure out what we could do about Mr. Macklet and Edward's case. It was close to midnight before Tony and Anne left. I gave them a brown coat, it was the same coat that Ace had lent me back then when we were in London. 

"Give this back to him, he should be at the Garden. Tell him I no longer need it and tell him I have no plans on seeing him, he should go back." 

Anne and Tony sighed before leaving my room. 

Deep inside, I knew I wanted to give it back to him in fear that he was getting cold outside. I wanted to do it myself but I could not bring myself to do so, not after what had happened this morning. 

I was not able to sleep the whole night, I lied awake starring at the ceiling. I watched the sunrise at my terrace, I literally did not have a wink of sleep.

I walked towards my first class feeling a little dizzy when Ace stopped me on my tracks. He had the brown coat on his arm and he looked very listless. His maroon long sleeve was drenched from the snow. He looked like he did not have any sleep as well. 

Was he out there the whole night?

"I don't want to talk to you," I sighed pushing past him but he grabbed onto my wrist and pinned me against the wall. Those students that were in the hallway, stared at the two of us in disbelief. We were lucky there were no teachers.