[ Chapter 23 - A Prideless Action ]

Start from the beginning

"Vandia, you don't know how far I am willing to go for you but this, having your life involved, this is beyond it. I taught you to use your heart, but you still have to use that head."

If we had not gotten into this relationship, I doubted anything he said would have hurt me but right now he was still the guy I loved, and every single word that came out of his mouth was like daggers. 

"I said this to Mr. Macklet and I am saying this to you as well. I am decided and nothing is going to stop me, I will not drop the fucking case."

I was about to walk out when he pulled on my arm, "If you don't, our relationship will really end right now."

"It already did, Ace. It ended when you became this coward that is standing right in front of me," I snapped and pulled my wrist away from him. 

I left his dorm, making sure I slammed the door shut. There were students from Beta in the hallway when I had left, they all looked at me but I couldn't care less. I made a run to my dorm. 

I tried to take in everything that had happened, starting from Mr. Macklet's threat to my break up with Ace but I couldn't take it all. Both my heart and brain were faulty, they were out of order. The only thing that was working was my eyes, producing millions of tears as I cried at the foot of my bed. 

My heart was burning, at times I felt like I couldn't breathe. The words Ace said just now were repeating non stop in my head and I wondered if my words stung him as well. I never thought a love like ours would end, it had felt so perfect, so surreal. I should have guessed I was just living in temporary happiness. 

I continued to overthink what had happened.

I had not realized I had fallen asleep because when I woke up it was already night time. I stood up and stretched myself a little, I had been curled up in a ball at the foot of my bed when I woke up. I was making my way towards the bathroom to take a shower when I found three notes at the bottom of the door. 

It was from Tony, Anne, and Ace.

Seeing his name triggered the memories of this morning. I suddenly wanted to cry again but I suppressed it.  I took my phone and found 103 notifications, they were from the same people who had left a letter through the door. 

I took a quick shower and calmed myself down before checking the letters and the messages I had received. I lied on my bed in my bathroom robes and looked through the papers. 

Anne asked me if I was alright, Tony asked the same thing. 

Ace, on the other hand, asked me to meet him because he wanted to talk. I found myself rolling my eyes at his request. 

We had nothing to talk about, I didn't want to see his face ever again. 

I looked through his messages and it had the same thing typed on it.