Clary shut her eyes, her head falling as she remembered his confession of knowing who she was. "How did you find out?" Clary asked, her eyes meeting the boy's gaze to see his face soften. "When that guy caught us. You told me to go to the car but I— I stayed behind to make sure that you didn't get attacked again. That's when I heard him call you the Angel of Death." Clary clenched her jaw, bringing her hands around her body as if to hold herself together. "Why didn't you tell me that you knew?" Clary asked, watching as Carl placed his hands in his pockets. "I was scared that if I asked, you would try to leave again." Carl's gaze faltered as a slight reddish tint fell over his cheeks. "I just— I didn't want to lose you. I didn't need to know because you staying meant more than knowing."

Clary's face softened, realizing how much the boy cared for her. However, she watched the sadness on his face become more obvious. "Would you have told me?" Carl questioned, watching as the girl shook her head. "No, I— I wanted to save you from that part of me. Being with Maggie and Glenn, Enid, you? It made me forget what I used to be— who I used to be. And I was afraid that if you ever found out, I'd lose you."

Clary was ready to look away from Carl, not wanting to see the disappointment in his gaze. She had seen the anger in Glenn's eyes, the terror in Maggie's, but she didn't think she could bare seeing all of that in Carl's eye. However, she was surprised as he held out his hand, staying at a distance in case he had read her wrong and didn't want him the way he thought she did. She looked confusedly at him before placing her hand in his, allowing him to pull her closer. She looked at him carefully, seeing the softness in his gaze as they stood before each other. "I'm here, Clary, just as I always have been. Just as I always will be. I'm not leaving you. Not now, not ever."

As Clary looked to the boy, she wondered how he felt so strongly for her. She wasn't used to it, even from the boy that was supposed to love her, he'd never defend her to such an extent. "You'll be out of here in a few hours, because as much as I want you to just be safe, you're right. My dad needs you. You scare them, and that gives you leverage. So don't worry, okay? Because you're not getting kicked out, and you're not staying in this basement, you'll be out soon. I'll make sure of it." Clary nodded, smiling softly as Carl did the same.

After a few moments standing together in silence, Carl reluctantly pulled away before allowing her hand to fall from his. "I better go before my dad gets here. I'll let Enid know you're okay but... you just hang on, okay?" With a soft smile, the girl nodded. "I will."

With a nod, he walked out of the cell and Clary made her way back to her position on the floor. She stayed like that for another hour, her eyes glancing out the window to see the moonlight but, other than that, she was left with her own thoughts. Her own worried thoughts, racing a hundred miles a minute, she grew restless until the door opened once again. Her head shot up, averting towards the door to see Glenn and Maggie enter, followed by Rick. His eyes were emotionless and his jaw was clenched as he looked to the girl. "Make it quick."

Maggie rushed forward to the girl, wrapping her in her arms before Rick could give them privacy. He watched as Clary buried her face in the woman's neck, the girl surprised by how relieved she felt as she realized they hadn't left her. She knew very well that they could have, probably should have considering the danger she put them through. She paid no mind to Rick as he stood at the door, surprised to see how much care Maggie had gained for the young girl. The same could be said as Glenn made his way to the two, wrapping both of them in his arms. Rick clenched his jaw, knowing full well that Glenn had deprived everyone from the information of the young girls past. But Rick also knew how against killing Glenn was and that, if he had grown to care for the killer of a girl, there was a reason. With that in mind, he walked out of the doors, wondering if what he was doing was right, depriving parents from their child.