Chapter 9: Darkness wins

Start from the beginning

Dominico walked back into me staring and frowning at my face in the mirror.

"Sit." He demands pointing at the chair in front of the mirror.
Though a stubborn part of me wanted to challenge him I didn't have the energy to do so.

I thought he was going to lecture and shout at me but instead he pulled the hair tie out of my head and he sectioned my hair before wetting and running a comb through it.
He was taking care of me because I was too weak to take care of myself.

I smirk to myself at the way he twirls my hair around his slender fingers to define the curls.
Damn those fingers. I mean curls.

"Belle." (Beautiful) he says before walking away.
He called me beautiful but it was emotionless.

Why the fuck is he so dark?
Just fucking smile dude it's not that hard.

I notice his demeanour suddenly change as I follow him, he was now cold and ruthless. My guess was he was in work mode.

He makes me go downstairs with him to the kitchen. I walk behind him, on my way I notice the power rangers Christian, Adriano, Xavier and Diego.

They see me and I quickly look away before making my way into the kitchen.
I guess I'm going to be the topic of the next few conversations.

I sit at the table and bury my head into my arms, nothing has changed. I still want to be curled up in my bed not associating with anyone.
Does he think just because I showered and came downstairs that everything has been solved?

I hear him place a plate in front of me and I look down at the full course meal. The plate was packed with so much food.

"So you think I'm ski-." I am cut off.

"Don't." He says.

"I can't." I say. The sight of the plate made me feel sick, I felt like if I consumed anything then I would simply pass out.

Dominico sighs before taking it away and replacing it with a bowl of cut up strawberries.
He sprinkled sugar over them and I let out a short smile at his gesture.

My mother used to do that. She said my father did as well. Strawberries and sugar had become an important part of my life and I couldn't help but feel a type of way when he did the same.

I barely stomach the strawberries, I'm sure it's just my body reacting to finally having food in it.
Or maybe it was his intimidating eyes on me making sure I ate them.

I did feel a little better knowing that he made all this effort to get me out of my depressive state and actually cared.

"We are going to watch a movie, watch it with us." Dominico tells me, well more like demands. It didn't seem like I had a choice.

I don't have the energy to argue so I just nod my head and follow him to the living area.

I see all the boys talking about who has the best game and they immediately stop when they see me.

I earn a sympathetic smile from each of them, it annoyed me slightly because I hate when people feel bad for me.

I make my way towards Adriano and embrace him in a hug.

Ew, I just touched him.

I can see he is taken back by the gesture because all we do is tease each other but I had to.

"I'm sorry for declining your ice cream." I frown at him.

I notice a small laugh escape his lip as he squeezes the hug tighter.

"And I love you too." I say. This time his face warms up and I feel a real connection between us. The only person I have said I love you too was my mom so it's a pretty big deal to me.

I hear Diego making vomiting noises in the background and I turn to him.
"Do you want me to permanently break your dick or yes?" I question as he deeply gulps and shuts up.
I have my answer.

I jump in between Dominico and Adriano on the sofa. Christian has to leave and take care of business since my father left him in charge of the Mafia while he's gone.

Diego and Xavier are sitting below us on the floor.

Dom hands me the remote and I shriek with excitement that I get to choose the movie.
I scroll through and pick the notebook.

The boys sigh but I guarantee I will have them crying by the end of this movie.

————————————————————————

Until next time,
Enjoy xxx