✮ Introduction ✮

A Note from the Author:

Hello, my fellow readers and thank you for taking the time to read Hestia's Wish. The story is loosely inspired by my own experiences and love for the Zodiac and horoscopes. I hope that you'll fall in love with the story as well as the characters as I have while writing about their journey.

This is a second draft, but was written for the 2019 Open Novella Contest. I do welcome feedback - both positive and constructive criticism so long as it is done in a respectful manner and not in a way of practically becoming a backseat writer. If there's something that you absolutely dislike and you feel like leaving a hateful comment instead of a constructive one, don't. I'm not forcing you to read this but I am hoping you will give the book a chance to understand why I loved writing it.

Chapter length averages about 1,000 to 1,500 words and the POV is primarily told from third-person. The total word count is 25,500 words, so it's a story you can binge-read in one day! Note: This novella does contain mature content (violence and gore), but the chapters with heavy mature content are marked at the top for your convenience.

Please do not advertise your story here, advertising comments will be deleted. I also have to ask that you avoid spoiling content for future readers. If you want to weeb out about something that happened in the story, feel free to shoot me a message or join my Discord >

If you ever have any questions, please feel free to leave an in-line comment. I do my best to respond to every comment even if I may be months late to the party.

Happy reading!

⊷⊶⊷⊷⊶⊷《 ✮ 》⊷⊶⊷⊷⊶⊷

Copyright Notice and Art Credit:

The chapter graphics are done by Mi. Use or editing of these graphics are not permitted under any circumstances whatsoever.

Copyright © 2017-2020 by Wera Niyom.

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

There is a song linked at the beginning of every chapter. I encourage you to listen to it while reading, as those songs heavily inspired the chapters. You can also access the full playlist here >

⊷⊶⊷⊷⊶⊷《 ✮ 》⊷⊶⊷⊷⊶⊷

About this Series:

This novella is part of the 13-part series (Fallen Star Series), in which each Zodiac will have their story told. I've always had a fascination with the Zodiac and their role in who we are and who we will become, which is how this story was originally developed. This novella was an entry for the 2019 Open Novella Contest and responded to Fantastical Fiction (under Dark Fantasy) Prompt #2: On a full moon night, the Dark Lord gains an unimaginable force and successfully surpasses the gates of hell, summoning his Darklings along as he descends towards a fragile planet called Earth. A sudden darkness takes over your kingdom. Echoes of terror fill the air. It's time you revive the darkest side of you that everyone fears to conquer the Dark Lord. You have to do whatever it takes to save your kingdom and your loved ones. But are you willing to take the risk?

All characters and locations are fictional and have been created by me. Please do not replicate these characters or the plot, as I have spent a great deal of time on it. Although the world this series takes place is meant to be an extension of the earth in a dystopic future, many things have changed and magic has been added.

⊷⊶⊷⊷⊶⊷《 ✮ 》⊷⊶⊷⊷⊶⊷

About the Fallen Star series:

VOLUME 1 - Book 0: Her Darkness and His Star; Book 1*: Engulfed by Aries; Book 2: Imprisoned by Scorpio; Book 3: Ruled by Leo; Book 4: Divided by Pisces; Book 5: Bewitched by Virgo; Book 6: Drowned by Aquarius; Book 7: Bound by Taurus

VOLUME 2 - Book 8: Abandoned by Cancer; Book 9: Struck by Sagittarius; Book 10: Assassinated by Gemini; Book 11: Educated by Capricorn; Book 12: Judged by Libra; Book 13: Enraptured by Ophiuchus

*Contains extended scenes.

⊷⊶⊷⊷⊶⊷《 ✮ 》⊷⊶⊷⊷⊶⊷

Awards / Achievements

Passed Round 1 of ONC - 2/12/2019, Passed Round 2 of ONC - 3/13/19, Passed Round 3 of ONC - 4/18/19, Long List for ONC.

2019 ONC Ambassador Pick - 2/25/2019

Winner of "Love is in the Air" contest on 3/15/19

Added to mythandlegend's Mythopoeia and Invented Mythologies reading list on 4/21/19

Featured on magic's reading list on 9/22/19 and added to "Of Myth and Monsters" reading list on 10/11/19

Featured on Wattpad's "From Our Stars" reading list from 11/11/20 - 12/11/20

Hit 10k reads on 11/30/20

Featured on Badass Reads' "The Badass Queen" on 3/23/21

⊷⊶⊷⊷⊶⊷《 ✮ 》⊷⊶⊷⊷⊶⊷