Chapter 12-Unexpected Guest

Start from the beginning

"You need to come here fast." He says out hearing his voice it felt something was not right. He sounded restless and had a sense of worry.

"You sound worried. What happened?"

"There is no time to explain." I hanged up and ran to the restroom. I hope Ava is fine.
I find Allan holding Ava on his lap.
I kneel hold her in my arms. I tried to wake her up but she was not opening her eyes. Without other thought I picked her up and took her to the hospital, Allan tagged along."What happened here?"

"Some guy was holding her against her will and I punched the guy down. Then I saw her taking deep breaths and she collapsed and I called you immediately."

"Ava" Her makeup was smudged and there were marks on her hands. Something terrible must have happened here. I tried to wake her up but she was not opening her eyes. I was getting worried with every second that passed. Without other thought I picked her up and took her to the hospital, Allan tagged along. I take her in my arms and sit in the back seat while Allan drives the car.

We took her to the hospital and laid her on the stretcher as they were taking her. I held her hand and called out her name but she was not responding and it was scaring me.

"We will take over from here."

"I can't leave her."

"Please Sir, You have to wait outside."

I saw them taking her into the room.
My feet were fixed to the ground and I couldn't move. I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Allan.
"David, Calm down. She will be fine"

He pulls me in a hug to calm me down. We sat in the chairs and I asked what happened suddenly.
"What happened back there?"

"I was passing by the restroom when I saw someone had Ava holding her against her will so I knocked him out and he escaped. I don't know who he was but Ava seemed to know him."

She said she had a bad feeling about it. She told me every time she wasn't feeling good about it. I told her I wouldn't leave her side and yet I did. All of it happened because of me.

It was my mistake. I should have never left her side. I held my head in guilt and after a few moments, the doctor approached us.
"Is everything okay, doctor?"

"She is fine. She had a panic attack and it's all because of stress and some events of the past may have triggered her. Her right hand is bruised and there is no other injury but she is fine now. She needs rest for a few days. You can meet her now."

I enter the room where Ava was and saw my girl sleeping on the bed. I slowly open the door and enter. I sat down at a chair and then she wakes up."David.." She tries to sit up but I glare at her.

"Don't you dare? Lay down."

"I am fine David. Come here. Were you crying?" Her voice was faint and she sits up on the bed. I go close to her and she wipes my tears. "You won't wake up or respond. I was scared."

"I am fine." She smiles but I knew she wasn't. She pulls me in a big and I was surprised by the sudden movement and then I hear her sobs. I held her back stroking the back of her head. She breaks down into tears and I just held her tight.

I kissed her forehead and wipe her tears from her cheeks. I smile at her."Everything is fine." Immediately I asked"Ava, Who was he?" 

She takes a moment of pause and sighs."Harry. He is here. I tried so hard to push him away but I couldn't. He held me tightly and touched-tou- trying to kiss-kiss me. I was so scared that I couldn't do anything."

Her voice cracked as she sobbed. I felt anger rising within me. How could Harry come back and hurt her like that after all those years? All of it even after I promised her I wouldn't let anyone hurt her. I should have been there to protect her but I failed. My fists clenched and I was filled with rage but seeing her sob sadden me. I calmed myself down and held her in my arms. It breaks my heart to see her like this. "Shhh! I am here. I shouldn't have let you go alone. It's all my fault."

"Hey, It's not your fault. How would you have known this would happen?" She says and places her hands on my cheek. I look at her teary eyes and I take her hands up to my face gently kissing them.
"I am happy Allan found you on time."

"Allan did. Is he here?" She asked me. As soon as I about to call him in. The door opened and he came in standing right next to me.
"I heard my name."

Ava looks at him gracefully as she gets down the bed."Thank you so much, Allan. I don't know what would have happened if you didn't come."

"Don't thank me. Are you okay?" Allan smiles at her and she nods her head smiling back."Yes, I am."

I was allowed to take Ava home and she was discharged an hour later. Allan took a taxi back home and we drove back to our house.
While Ava changed into her clothes I went into the kitchen to bring ice. That's when my phone rang and it was Silver.

"Hello, I came to know from Allan what happened. Is Ava okay?"

"Better I would say." She said she was fine but deep down I felt her nervousness and tension. She was still pretty shaken up with everything that happened in a matter of minutes.

"Take care of her."

"Yes, I will. I will have to go now but can you inform Mom and Dad that she is fine and that I will call them tomorrow."

"Sure. Good night."

"Good night." After I hang up, I get back to my room and took a quick shower, and changed into something else. I slowly get into bed beside Ava. Her hand was bruised and I applied ice on it. It was so bruised. It had turned black and it made me think of how hard he held her. I felt the anger rise within me. I felt like hitting a wall or something hard. My blood boiled and as much as I want to beat Harry up into pieces.

I tried to keep my cool for Ava. This must have been traumatic and I wanted to be there for her. We then went off to slept. Her bruised hand was hurting her. She winced in pain, tossing and turning on the bed. She tried to hide her pain from me but to see her in pain made my heartache. I won't leave Harry. I will find him and make sure he gets punished for every pain he caused Ava. After I knew she was fast asleep I closed my eyes and held her closer drifting off to sleep.

"Leave me, Harry...You are hurting me...Why are you back again...Stop...Let me go. Harry..." I woke up to Ava screaming at 3 in the morning. She sat up on the bed and held her head between her hands screaming his name.

She started crying. I sit up and hold her rubbing her back and she rests her head on my chest.
"He is here. He won't let me live in peace." She mumbles sobbing.

"Shhhh...I am here now. I won't let him touch you again. You are the strongest girl I ever met. He won't be able to do anything for you. Don't you worry?" I wipe her tears off and place my hands on her cheeks kissing her forehead and then held her till she stopped crying.

I take the glass of water from the bedside table and she takes a sip of it. I kept it aside and then we laid down. I held her in my arms talking to her until she fell asleep.
Everything will be fine. I won't let anything happen to you, Ava...

(Harry is back. Will he find Ava again? What will David do if he returns? How will Ava cope up with it?)

Keep reading to find out😄😄

...Thank you for reading...