Chapter 5: the mystery of Hendriks

AN: so school is finally getting of my ass, so I have time to write again. HURRAY! So I bring you all a new chapter. Please R&R and please do give constructive Criticism. I really wanna become a better writer. So please Enjoy.

I OWN NOTHING, RWBY belongs to Rooster teeth and Monster hunter Belongs to Capcom

"talking"

'thinking'

"Whispering"

*sounds*

"monster talking"

'monster thinking'

Hendriks POV

As Ozpin disappeared out of their vision Hendriks looked at his team with a serious look.

"We are running out of time" He said against his friends "One Guardian has already awakened, we all know this is a sign that something bad is going to happen. And seeing it is close to Beacon means that a disaster will happen here in the near future. I think that explains why an Elder Guardian has come to visit this place. To prepare for the disaster to come. It will only be a matter of time for other Guardians to awake so we have to be prepared." Hendriks finished his statement with a determined face and looking at is companions.

"We were sent by the Guardians so that they don't have to return. It seems that we failed our duties." Rachel said with a said tone.

"We may have failed or initial mission, but that doesn't mean we have failed entirely. After all, we found a unaligned silver eye. And we have found a place that will be stricken by Disaster. We have failed our initial mission to prevent the Guardians re-awakening, but we have only found one, and only a medium class Guardian, so it could be worse. But we have gained new ones, to prevent the disaster that is to hit Beacon, and to safeguard the Unaligned Silver eye that is Ruby Rose. We shall move in the shadows like we always do and we only intervene when we have to. We will prevail, that is for certain." Hendriks said with determination.

"Now let's walk to the cliff, I want to take in the calm of the Emerald Forest." Hendriks said as he slowly began to walk in the direction of Beacon Cliff.

"You find a Grimm invested forest 'Calm'?" Terrance questioned.

"It has its charms, and I find those charms soothing." Hendriks answered in a peaceful tone while beginning to walk in slow pace.

*Time skip to end of Initiation*

Back at the Auditorium the team where revealed. There was Ruby, Blake, Yang and Weiss who were now known as team RWBY. Jaune, Pyrrha, Nora and Ren where known as team JNPR. Lastly where 4 boys who Hendriks never saw, who he now knew as Cardin, Russel, Sky and Dove, where known as team CRDL

"Kurohomura Hendriks, Nina Dokuyako, Terrance Ikari and Rachel Nazo. The 4 of you have retrieved the Black Dragon piece. From this day forward you will work together as team HNTR (pronounced as Hunter). Led by Kurohomura Hendriks.

Hendriks smiled at this. Their time at Beacon would sure as hell be something. Both positively as negatively if his luck was anything to go by.

*Small time skip*

As team HNTR was going to their dorm they bumped into team RWBY. Hendriks or rather Kurohomura looked to Ruby and motioned to his team to go on, Ruby did the same for her team. Both teams complied and moved on without their leaders.

As both teams were out of hearing range Hendriks stated to speak. "You've got guts you know. Most people we came across our journey across Remnant where to scared ones they heard that we were essentially apostles of the great Elders. That's why you haven't heard of us, they were dealt with before they knew what our purpose was. But you Little Silver, didn't only have the guts to defy us, but to openly say that you didn't stand for our decisions to silence you. You've got guts Ruby Rose, daughter of Summer Rose." Hendriks finished while looking at Ruby.

"How do you know her." Ruby asked with a Cautious voice.

"Everyone in my village knew her. After all, she was born there. She was always the first one to help if someone asked for it. To bad her eyes stayed silver, if she was aligned to a Guardian she would be a much more powerful warrior. That's why she went to Beacon, to find a way to align her eyes and soul with a Guardian. But sadly she never returned to the village. She stayed a huntress for the rest of her live. She did align her eyes with a Guardian, but since she didn't return we never knew which one. After a few years' time we found out that she married to a decedent of the Shan-Lung clan. It was a surprise for all of us, but it wasn't an unwelcome one. it even made us know that the Shan-Lung clan wasn't eradicated yet. Now we know why she never returned. Ozpin had swayed her to his side and made her abandon the Guardians Village. He promised her something that even the Guardians couldn't grant her. That is one of my personal reasons why I'm here. To find out what Ozpin promised to my Family for her to never return. My mother tried to contact her, but it broke her heart when she found out her sister died." Hendriks said with a sad tone

To say that Ruby was shocked was an understatement. She learned so much in a single day, she almost couldn't believe it. First she encountered a REAL GUARDIAN in initiation. And know she learns that her own Mother was someone who honoured the Guardian. That does explain why she heard those stories on when she was so young. And her father is a Descendent of the Shan-Lung clan? Again his last name does make sense now that she thinks about it. But what really did her in was that Kurohomura Hendriks her Nephew was. Again, that does explain a bit why he seemed so accepting towards her compared to the others on team RWBY and team JNPR.

Hendriks saw Ruby's frozen face and decided to wake her up from her shocked state. "C'mon, you like you want to say something to me" Hendriks said in a gentle tone.

This made Ruby snap out of her daze. She took a few seconds to register what Hendriks said to her. She decided what she wanted to ask. "H-h-h-h-h-how long did you know this?" She asked in a shaky voice.

"To be honest, I knew the story of your mother since I was 10. But when I saw you, I immediately knew that you where her daughter. You just look too much like her." Hendriks answered her in calming voice. "Is there anything more that you want to know me?" Hendriks asked Ruby ones more.

This time Ruby answered in her regular voice "Yeah, there is actually one more thing. Your first name sounds Mistrali, but you said you came from Vale. Why is that."

Hendriks answered with a small smile "when I was born our village decided that I was destined for greatness, so they decided I should have a name to match it. You see, my village is nomadic in nature, so we don't always stay in one place. When I was born we where settled in Mistral, so I was given a Mistrali name. This name was to honour one of the Guardians we worshiped. The name Kurohomura is Mistrali for Black Blaze, in honour of the blazing black dragon Alatreon."

Ruby was once again a bit astonished in what is name meant. Almost everything about Kutohomura Hendriks had to do with the existence of the Guardians. She thought that this would be just a normal Huntsman school with regular classes. Now though, she just thought how her life could get any crazier.

If she knew what was going to happen in the coming years, she wouldn't have thought that.

AN: So yeah, as you can see, I gave my OCs a last name. I was just fucking around with translate from English to Japanese to find a few catchy ones. I'll tell ya what they mean. I already explained Hendriks' first name, so I'm gonna skip him. Second is Nina. I chose Nina's last name to be Dokuyako (毒薬), this means Poison in Japanese, this is a reference to Yian Garuga's affinity to the Poison ailment. Terrance his last name Ikari (怒り) means Wrath, I did this to symbolise Devil Jho's wraith and uncontrolled Power. And lastly there is Rachel. Her last name is Nazo(), which means Mystery, this is a reference to the mystery that is the Xeno and Saafi Jiiva. I also gave a bit on Hendriks Background from before he went to Beacon. This chapter was a bit shorter than the previous ones, so I hope this isn't too big of a deal. Anyway, school is finally a bit more manageable so I was able to write. This chapter took me around 2 days to write in total, this includes gathering Ideas. Don't expect the weekly update schedule to return, cuz I just found a gap in all the work that is school to write a bit. I'll try to update more often but I can't make any promises. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Vajer out