Ch 41: Corrupt as a Virus

"You!" A rebel soldier pointed her gun at Cassandra as Perdegaton, Macrediagon, Snart, Todd, and the aforementioned blonde walked up to her. Hordes of refugees all walking into the camp including one little boy happily hugging his bear chattering away to anyone he could find about how the blue hero lady had saved them. "What's to keep me from killing you where you stand?"

"Because she's an asset to the cause." Snart spoke up voice calm and cool as ever.

"And enough people have died already." Todd said, prepared to catch the bullets with his smoke if the on edge woman did decide to fire.

"My father may be incapacitated, but his forces are still strong." Cassandra told the rebel leader. "I know their tactics, their weaknesses."

"Why the change of heart?" She demanded eyeing her in total distrust

"Ask him." Cassandra looked to Perdegaton.

"Savage has no mercy in his heart. There is nothing inside of him save for wrath and vengeance even towards those he claimed to love." Perdegaton began. "People have suffered and died because I didn't realize Savage's true likeness until it was too late. I aim to fix that. Not by simply hoping and dreaming for a better future, but by fighting for it with everything I have to give and then some. My name is Perdegaton, son of Tordegaton, and I promise you here and now I will lead everyone into a time of peace and prosperity."

"Alright then." The woman lowered her gun. "That's one hell of a promise. Let's hope for everyone's sake you can keep it."

With all of that said and done, Snart and Todd walked back aboard the ship together. The bay doors shutting closed. Every refugee now safely off the waverider. All having enough medical supplies, and food, to make Macrediagon faint.

"The refugees are in Perdegatons hands." Todd told Rip as they passed the married couple in the hall.

"Excellent." Miranda nodded. "Now all that's left is to wake the professor in the medbay and we'll be off."

"We have a destination yet?" Snart asked Rip.

"We will." Rip replied side stepping the question. In truth he had no idea where to search for Savage next. The trail having gone colder than it ever has. "Where's Clarity? I would have thought she'd want to see young Perdegaton off."

"She already did, said goodbye as we were walking past her room." Todd explained.

"If your going to ask her to track Savage forget it. She already tried, didn't work." Snart told him.

"No, no thats fine. Miss Springs has done more than enough already. Just curious." Rip replied.

"Excuse us, gentlemen, we really must be getting back on task." Miranda pulled on Rip's arm tugging him to the medbay. Once there they set to work checking Stein's vitals.

"Welcome back." Rip told Martin as he shined a flashlight in front of the professors eyes. His injuries now fully healed thanks to Gideon working wonders in the medbay yet again. Miranda easing him off the sedatives.

"You gave us all quite the scare sleeping so long." Miranda told, the still groggy genius, as she looked down at him for a moment, before returning to her task, tapping some buttons on different screens assisting her husband.

"What have I missed?" Martin wondered blinking as he looked from Rip to his very alive wife. The genius correctly thinking that it had indeed been a lot that he needed to be caught up on.

"Ah. Well, Clarity's glitched back to us safe and sound. She even managed to save my wife and child, and in turn discovered Perdegaton is alive and changed for the better. The team managed to battle Savage's army, defeat all four of his giant robots, ... and you managed to sleep through all of it."