Ch 38: It's Time to Live Pt 1

"Hey man, you doin okay?" Jax asked Ray as they both worked tirelessly down in the engine room attempting to fix the ships scanners so they could track Clarity or at least get the ships power levels up so they could get out of there. Realistically, they were attempting to fix anything and everything that might help them. "Your bein' real quiet."

"Oh yeah," Ray spoke up his fingers twisting wires together. "Sorry, lost in thought I guess. My brains still sort of processing. So much has happened in such a short span of time. It's hard to believe any of it's actually real, feels like a sort of dream."

"Yeah, I know." Jax agreed. "Things went sideways from the second we got here. Guess that's what we get for coming to world war three."

"How about you? Stein was hurt pretty bad. Are you doing alright?"

"I'm tired from the sedatives Gideon used on him, but other than that the pains not too bad." Jax answered as he untwisted a bolt to get a panel out of the wall. He was working a bit more sluggishly than Ray was but it wouldn't be the first time that he'd had to work when he was tired. Just like pulling an all nighter back in high school to finish an essay only to have to go to a 3 hour practice then work in the auto shop straight after to help his mom with the bills, then do his remaining homework for the day and if he never complained about all that then why should he complain now about this? His work might be slower than the genius billionaire's but it was no less efficient.

"We've all been through it the last couple hours. If you need to take a break and rest..." Ray started, but Jax was quick to cut him off.

"Nah, I'm good." Jax denied with a shake of his head. "'Sides we don't have time to be another player down. Those robots are probably gonna be on us soon. Rip said we had an hour like thirty minutes ago."

"I wish we had a real way of taking them down, but they're literal giants." Ray sighed. "If only there was a way to go toe to toe with them without being gnats in comparison. Clarity did her best, but it's not like fighting at microscopic size in my suit against a normal size person. In my suit, I have my normal strength, plus some extra force from the robotics, so it's more of a fair fight against people despite the size difference. Size doesn't always matter."

"Too bad you're suit just shrinks." Jax shook his head doing his best to ignore the innuendo Ray hadn't even realized he'd made. "It might be four on one, but it could be one hell of a fair fight if you grew to their size."

"Yeah, too bad." Ray sighed fiddling with some wires. Even if his suit did have that capability he had no idea how to get it to work. He almost died learning how to shrink what would it take for him to learn how to grow? He'd never really thought of doing that before.

"Scanners back online!" Jax cheered, as his screen lit up and rebooted.

"Nice work." Ray congratulated him the two sharing a fist bump even though they still had an insane amount of work to do. Small victories were still victories afterall and they deserved to be celebrated even just to keep up morale.

"Alright...initiating manual scans for positrons...." Jax muttered typing into his tablet. Jax waiting in anticipation for what it would say as Ray peered over the younger man's shoulder. "Wait, no way this can't be right..."Jax grew confused, "Ray, are you seeing this?"

"These readings..." Ray broke out into a grin. "Clarity, She's back on the ship."

The boys scans were right. Glitch had arrived back on the ship mere moments ago with the others. Clarity pausing at the fabricator to make herself a fresh supersuit. The battle wasn't over yet, those Leviathans would be on top of them before they realized it. Perdegaton himself already stock piling weapons for himself from the armory portion of the space. Luckily for Clarity, Gideon kept all their hero costumes on file in case of harsh battles such as these.