Ch 39: It's Time to Live pt 2

Alright so let me start this chapter off by saying I'm an idiot. Why? Well, as you all know I make all of my book covers using picsart and you may have noticed that I use piccollage to put together Claritys outfits. And I found myself missing polyvore the other day. It used to be this app you could make outfits with and it was really super cool cause you could layer outfits together but it like disappeared or got deleted or whatever apps do and to make a long story short I had never thought to use PicsArt to put Claritys superhero costume together before. So, here's what her supersuit actually is supposed to look like.

Anyways, enjoy chapter

Anyways, enjoy chapter...39!? Damn what ever happened to me being on like chapter 12😅

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Clarity stood a top of the Waverider, her chestnut brown hair, even tied back into a high pony as it was, blew in the wind behind her. The metallic surface of her supersuit glinting even in the darkness of the night. Her abnormally bright blue eyes were transfixed on obsidian standing in front of the Waverider on the ground below. The world war 2 hero moving clouds low to the ground from the sky with his smoke creating fog to give them more cover. All an effort to buy them more time as Savage's leviathans got closer and closer with each passing second. The ground permanently shaking with each footstep the mechanical giants took in their direction.

Clarity could sense the leviathans approaching towards them. Clarity feeling as if a tsunami of energy was coming hurtling towards her and there was nothing she could do but brace for the inevitable. They were so close that she could clearly see their sillouhette's in the distance. The Glitch's arms remained crossed over her chest in discomfort as her knees shook, goosebumps littering her pale skin, but not because she was cold. A single tear fell from her left eye as she bit her bottom lip. She'd barely survived taking down one of these things, even with Ray's help...could they... could she really take down all four of them? Or was this where they were all going to meet their end?

"Clarity, be a dear and give us some power." Miranda's voice cut in from the coms shaking Clarity from her thoughts, the glitch blinking a bit at the sudden command. "Do it now, please."

"Miranda, darling, you know I love you, but I'm the captain here. You can't just order my crew around." Rip protested over the line. "Being the captains wife does not automatically make you co-captain. That's not how it works."

"Yes, yes, I know, whatever you say dear." Miranda replied as she tied her hair into a bun smirking lightly as she spoke already having changed out of that raggedy red dress she'd been wearing and into something more presentable. Plain jeans, a black shirt and laced up boots, with a red trench coat like jacket that stopped at her mid thigh. Her gold wedding ring on proud display around her neck dangling over her shirt.