Ch 7: power drain

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" Rip questioned the group.

"Walk in the park. So where are we now?" Cold questioned.

"Washington, D.C. The year is 1986." Rip said his chair turning.

"We've landed at the height of the Cold War in a world poised for nuclear annihilation." Stein said.

"We've traveled here because I have a new lead on Vandal Savage's location." Gideon answered.

"Good job Giddie! That's my AI!" Clarity cheered her head still throbbing from her bought with Savage's energy. That stuff seriously hurt. She was still feeling a horrid stinging sensation from it.

Gideon smiled.

"Yes. Gideon managed to intercept this telefax concerning Savage's last known whereabouts." Rip stated.

"Tele-what?" Jax asked.

"It's like an email on paper."Ray answered.

"But without the fun little emoji feature" Clarity added.

"Wow, that's totally useless." Rory said but he got shocked by Clarity. Mick surveyed his hand which felt stingy and numb. Mick raised a brow at the woman. Usually that hurt a lot more when they were fighting. She was holding back and it was obvious to the thief. Of course they were teammates now but, still it was strange. The feeling of the shock. It wasn't exactly a burning feeling but, it was similar to it. The sadistic part of Mick actually enjoyed it. The arsonist part of him enjoyed it.

"Anything the US government feels the need to block is always important" Clarity told him knowledgeably speaking from experience.

"Dude, this whole thing's crossed out." Jax complained

"Yes, as Clarity stated it was redacted by the U.S. government, which is why we are here to steal the original file on Savage back from those who are tracking him." Rip answered walking to face the window.

"Uh, that's the-" Ray trailed off the pentagon coming into view.

"Pentagon! the tackiest shape in america" Clarity said finishing Ray's sentence while adding in her own thought about it.

"Now, now Don't worry. We are cloaked." Rip said.

"You want us to break in to the Pentagon? Sounds awesome." Mick said. Finally something fun to do.

"It sounds crazy." Kendra countered. This was nuts. They couldn't just break into a government facility. It was bad enough with the warehouse!

"I did it before actually" Clarity told her with a smile.

"You broke in to the pentagon?" Snart questioned her raising an eyebrow. Did Barry's little partner have a dark side? It was starting to look like it. Snart was intrigued to say the least.

"Well yeah, digitally I mean. Argus is not nice when you want a teensy bit of info off their servers. So I had to get it from the pentagon." Clarity answered him as she silently wondered how Diggle, Lyla, and Oliver had put up with Argus for so long. They were real jerks and that was putting it lightly.

"What's the plan?" Sara asked turning to Rip.

"Oh, the Fabricator will fashion you the necessary Pentagon credentials." Rip said.

"It makes fake id's? Wow Felicity's mom would love this thing" Clarity muttered to herself.

"Ooh, and don't forget our G-man disguises. I always wanted to be a spy." Ray grinned.

"Now, the file we're after is kept in a secure records room.In order to gain access, we're going to need to, uh, borrow a magnetic key card." Rip said over the coms watching from aboard the wave rider.