Chapter 16: new friends and old friends

"Clarity Springs huh?" Midnite questioned Clarity, Rip, Rex,Obsidian, and Stargirl all sitting at the long table in the room connected to where the cell is.

"I guess I have a thing for fairytale names and doctor who. Though seeing as you have no idea what that is or the wonders of a colored television let's stick to fairytales" Clarity said with a smile.

"Oh is that where you got that from? I Should have guessed" Rip said because of course Clarity of all people would pick a name after what Rip presumed was a main character.

"Yes you should've" Clarity replied shocking Rip playfully with her powers.

"Well you certainly keep the lights far brighter with your memory returned." Rex observed noticing that the light fixtures were shining far brighter than they ever had before in the hideout.

"Oh sorry....Want me to turn them down?" Clarity offered waggling her fingers.

"Doesn't bother me" Midnite stated and Clarity giggled sparks flying from her finger tips.

"It wasn't that funny." Obsidian told her.

"I don't get it" Rip told her with a blink.

"He's blind" Courtney explained.

"Hey! Flick don't burn the carpet. Vix will make me try to scrub it out" Obsidian complained as he watched the blue sparks drift towards the floor. Obsidian was genuinely surprised at how much Amelia no- Clarity was smiling and laughing. She seemed happier than he had ever seen her and he was happy that she was. She had really been the only team member to trust him fully with his sexual preference gravitating towards men. It made him wonder what the future held for people like him.

"You mean like the time you got into a smoak war with a skunk and she made me try to get the smell out of here?" Clarity asked.

"It questioned my honor. I had no choice" Obsidian defended himself.

"Just cause it pissed on your shoe after you scared it away from the trash cans does not mean it was questioning your honor Todd" Stargirl told him crossly still remembering how her room smelled for weeks because of him.

"That's what you think" Todd replied.

After it was silent for a moment Stargirl spoke up.

"Your leaving aren't you?" She said asking the question that was on everyone's mind's.

"I have to Courtney. You don't understand what it's like. Now that I have my memories back...I finally feel like myself again." Clarity told her.

"Well I guess that's all that there is to it then" Rex stated standing up.

"I guess so" Clarity said standing up as well.

"I'll meet you at the jump ship. I need to grab a few things" Clarity told Rip. He gave her a nod of understanding. When Clarity walked off Obsidian followed behind her.

"Are you okay?" Midnite questioned Stargirl once they were the only ones in the room Rex having opted to take Rip to where they had placed the jumpship.

"She's happier than I've ever seen her Charles. She has her memories again. She doesn't need us to look out for her anymore and you know what? I'm fine with that. Besides we were never going to go anywhere together. It would be shameful. I'm not like Todd." Courtney replied sounding surprisingly mature for one of the more childish members of the Jsa.

"You could stay" Obsidian murmured softly as he shut the door to Clarity's room behind him with a gentle click. His eyes never leaving her form as he stared at her with a pleading look in his eyes.