Celebration

Izuku's POV

"Izuku dear, wake up!" my mom excitedly whisper-yells. "Mhm, 5 more minutes." I reply back groggily. "It's your birthday today, don't want to miss it do you?" she asks. "Fine, I'll get up." I slowly get up and do my routine, "Oh, since you are having your party at Momo's place, be safe okay. I don't want to ruin your birthday experience, so I won't be there. Happy Birthday!" She kisses me on the cheek and heads out, she works so much I wish she wouldn't keep pushing herself. I look on the counter and there was a tiny slice of cake waiting there for me. I smile, thinking how thoughtful my mom is, even though she has so many responsibilities. I then get lots of notifications from my phone, it was beeping every 10 seconds. I look back and see everybody messaging me a happy birthday! I grin to myself, today will be special and I know it! I look back at the conversation I had with Ashido, hopefully this works!

I hop onto my bed, thinking about how many good and bad ways her plan could work. I shouldn't bother myself over this- today is my birthday and I should enjoy it! I get a call, I look back at my phone and it says All Might! "Young Midoryia, Happy Birthday!" He said very loudly. "T-thank you All Might, it means so much especially coming from you!" I gushed. My eyes were forming with happy tears!

I get another phone call! Everybody has already said happy birthday to me, besides Kacchan of course but that doesn't matter. Oh, it's Todoroki! "Hey Todoroki, you already told me happy birthday so what's up?" I ask. "I wondered if you wanted to hangout before the party starts, you know." he says. I think back on the time Ashido talked about how Todoroki liked me romantically. How he was jealous, and determined to win me over. "I- uh well I'm kind of busy you know. Birthdays are a lot to handle, you'd get it right?" I nervously reply. "Hm, well I am already at your front door, so get dressed and open up." He says ever so calmly. "What! I mean, o-okay I guess." I quickly get changed and open the front door to a very calm Todoroki. "Come on, we are heading to the same cafe from last time." he said. I remember back on the time he tried to wipe the cream off my cheek, while I flinched and backed away. Oh, that was so awkward! We both hop into the car and go to the cafe.

We arrive, I unbuckle and head in. I see Todoroki trying to hold my hand,"Hey! That wasn't here before, isn't that interesting?" I said quickly, with the hand he tried to hold I pointed at something random. "Mhm," he said looking the other way. Phew, that was close. As we sit down at the table, he looks at me straight in the eyes. "Your eyes are very-" before he can compliment me I say,"Oh, look the lady is coming!" It will become real awkward if I keep trying to not notice his attempts at flirting.

Todoroki's POV

Dangit, every time I try to make a move he interrupts me. This isn't going to work out, I have to do something soon. We ordered and after he just talked about school, All Might, and his party. I just sad there nodding my head the whole time. We both finished our drinks and decided to head back home.

As I was dropping him off, I got out of the car as well. "Todoroki, uh what are you doing?" he asks as I head towards him. I reached out and held both of his hands in mine,"Midoryia, we have been friends for some time. I wanted to end that, and become your boyfriend." I say looking at him. He just blankly stares at me. "T-todoroki I, I'm so sorry but I don't feel the same way!" He pushes me back and runs into his house. I-i don't understand..

"Why?"

Izuku's POV

T-todoroki was confessing to me! I was in shock, I should have known this was bound to happen. I quickly reacted and rejected him. As I entered the house, with a horrified face my mother looked at me. She was back from work for lunch break. "Izu.." she hugged me and I just cried. "M-mom, am I a bad person?" I ask while crying into her shoulder. "No, you aren't dear. You can't force yourself to love him." she says quietly. "T-this I-is probably going to ruin our entire friendship!" I cry more, and more. "He's a sweet guy, I know he would understand trust me." she replied looking at me sweetly. I slowly look down, and wipe my tears. "T-thank you, that made me feel a little better." I say trying not to cry more.