⇞ rescue plan? ⇞

Start from the beginning

"He hated...no detested me from first sight. I was literally his target for archery practice once," I said now finding it kind of funny.

But Clarence's eyes widened in shock. These little expressions on his otherwise dull face told me he was human.

"But he loves you, very dearly I might add. It's visible so transparently that everyone can see it."

I knew that his persona change for other people was very clear.

"Yeah, well I wonder what he sees in me." I laughed lightly feeling awkward.

"Goodness, some wholesome goodness everyone needs." He answered very seriously.

I was left speechless for some time out of surprise and embarrassment.

I am a goodness everyone needs? If only he actually knew.

I thought of various answers in my head to his comment but the time passed by and I missed the opportunity to say the correct thing.

"You seem flustered at a fact." He said it like it was not a compliment but a simple statement of truth.

"I am just- well I am not sure what to say," I confessed.

That made him smile a little.

"Firemaster might hate me more so leave it at that. For all the sins that I have done, I honestly don't deserve any good in life and I have come to terms with it." He looked at me wistfully and it made me wondered what he meant.

"Sins can be repaid be pursuing the path of redemption and not completely giving up on life," I said feeling obvious ache around him and also pure misery at this disdain and hopelessness for his life.

"The amount of families I destroyed there is no redemption."

"Maybe you can save some," I said as gently as possible to which he grunted in reluctance.

"You might have not noticed Queen, I am a coward."

I wish I could help him but I couldn't because as much as I felt sorry for him and understood him as an Empath, I knew my loyalties was with my husband and this was his own battle to win, he had to stand up to his father.

"Well, just to remind you had it not been for your courage Ermeline might still be trapped in that tower for God knows how long. You took courage for her." I said putting his best deed forward.

This time he turned to look at me and it shocked him with the amount of warmth in those otherwise dead eyes. 

Then he chuckled and looked away.

"You know you were so bad at hiding when you came to watch the soldiers with those cooks." And then he shook his head.

He knew I was there and here I am still without any punishment for breaking rules.

For long has he known me, seen me for a human and not just a slave.

"We are at the port." Syrion came with quick footsteps.

"What's our plan now?", I asked looking at Syrion because he had an army or at least a group of people.

"The bracelet will guide me to Ermeline but if she is kept at the palace, we might have to be careful because if we are caught we will be treated as prisoners and not the guest." Clarence said.

"The first thing we need to do is mingle," Fergie spoke up eyeing the surroundings.

"Ah, right." Clarence being a soldier minded person like Fergie.